Estimator, Farnham – Up to £35,000
Our client, a well-established specialist glazing contractor based on the outskirts of Farnham, is seeking an Estimator to join their growing team. The aim of the role is to ensure completion of the company’s quotations and tender documents to the highest standard.
The successful Estimator will be responsible for all aspects of quotations from initial enquiry through to conversion to sale. Potential projects will range in scale from £2,500 to £350,000 across a variety of clients from private individuals and main contractors to educational or healthcare bodies.
Estimator Principal Duties
To review each sales enquiry to determine client requirements and gather any further necessary information, including meetings with clients and architects plus site surveys when appropriate
To prepare take-off lists from technical drawings and specifications
To obtain competitive prices from suppliers
- To cost all elements of the potential project; material purchases and deliveries, staffing, plant and equipment, etc., that will ensure efficient, timely, problem-free and safe completion of the works to a high quality.
- To liaise with CAD Technicians to produce technical drawings
- To prepare quotation/tender and contract term documents that are accurate and appropriate for the type of project and client
- To follow up quotations and deal with any post tender enquiries and revisions.
- Upon receipt of an order, to hand over the tender file to the Contracts Manager so that all elements of the project can be comprehensively planned and programmed.
- Actively keep abreast of latest developments and changes in the industry and the competitive environment in which the company operates; building regulations, products and technology, Health and Safety requirements, etc.
Estimator Skills and Experience
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation skills and telephone manner
- Highly computer literate, including familiarity with Autocad or other automated technical design software
- Strong mathematical skills
- Well organised, methodical with the ability to pay real attention to detail
- Educated to at least A Level or equivalent with qualifications and/or experience in areas such as Mathematics, Design and Technology, Engineering, Architecture, Surveying, Construction Management.
- Experience of working in structural glazing, architectural metalwork would be an advantage
- Clean driving licence
- CSCS or other recognised Health and Safety Qualification, First Aid at Work certification
Salary & Benefits
Up to £35,000
Monday to Friday 9.00-5.30
28 days holiday including BHs