PERMANENT POSITION - ENGINEERING MANAGER - POOLE
Salary £50K plus DoE and excellent benefits package to include:
10% bonus paid in April
33 days including Bank Holidays
Core business hours 8:30 - 4:30 Mon - Thurs and finish at 1pm on Fri although you will be required to work additional hours when the business dictates.
Our Engineering client based in Poole is looking to recruit an Engineering Manager. They specialise in the design,manufacture and distribution of products servicing the transport and mobile hydraulics sector.
Engineering Manager Job Purpose:
As the Engineering Manager UK you will report to the Director/UK General Manager based in Poole. In this role you will be responsible for managing a team of 7 Engineers; 5 in Poole and 2 in India who are the Technical Authority for products sold globally. Management of this resource is key to the success of this role and is very much ‘hands on’.
Engineering Manager Job Duties:
• Leading the design, analysis and development of precision hydraulic motors, pumps and associated fluid flow control equipment in kW to low MW scale.
• Have detailed domain knowledge and application experience relevant to the technology of design and manufacture of high pressure (up to 1kBar), high reliability components and systems is essential. For example, this should include expertise in working fluids, fluid systems, equipment architectures, materials & surface treatments, bearings and sealing technologies.
• Projects will include diverse applications in the construction, automotive, offshore and defence equipment sectors and will comprise both original equipment design and where applicable reverse engineering of competitor products.
• The engineering integration of hydraulic systems and components to other equipment and transmission systems is an important element of the role.
• Product qualification and test program activities including commissioning, trouble shooting and field support will also be an integral part of the role. This will necessitate some understanding and experience of both test strategies and instrumentation/data analysis.
• Prioritise work to support the UK and Global business.
Skills / Qualifications required by the Engineering Manager:
• Must be able to demonstrate a strong background in hydrolics
• Degree qualification in a relevant discipline preferred, but proven experience and track record would be equally valued.
• Excellent knowledge of high-pressure hydraulic systems
• Extensive experience of managing a team of engineers.
• Excellent team player, with the ability to work autonomously, provide leadership as required, and the credibility to influence personnel at all levels.
• 6+ years post qualification experience
• CAD, CAE and FEA experience.
• Possess some commercial acumen.
Interview will take place at our clients site located in Poole.
We receive a high number of applications on a daily basis so we can only respond to successful applications. If you do not hear from us within 3 working days please assume your application has not been taken forward on this occasion. We may contact you in the future about other suitable positions.
Real Recruitment Solutions place an obligation upon all staff to respect and act in accordance with this policy and consistently review regulations to ensure our policy is updated and relevant across all aspects of recruitment in order to avoid unlawful or undesirable discrimination.