Must be willing to travel to European and International territories and must come from a Manufacturing background.
Are you an EHS Manager with 5 – 10 years experience? Want to work for an exciting, innovative company, managing all aspects of the EHS program in Europe and the Middle East within our Service Centre Repairs workshop department specifically in UK, Italy and Saudi Arabia so you will need to travel frequently.
This position will manage EHS compliance and process conformance, facilitate management of EHS issues and risks, and drive continual improvement from a holistic EHS perspective for the region. The Environment Health & Safety Manager will be expected to identify opportunities for risk management and reduce regional EHS risks and liability.
As an Environment Health & Safety Manager you will be:
• Directing and leading EHS regulatory compliance programs and initiatives for Global Services Repair shops in EMA.
• Establishing internal process controls for EMA and align with Global EHS Repair functions.
• Managing the strategic interface with external regulatory agencies and internal and external legal counsel.
• Analysing historical EHS compliance and performance data to determine opportunities for improvement.
• Communicating EHS issues to senior management and appropriate in-country regulatory authorities and Participating in EHS related audits and assessments.
• Coordinating with third party vendors including, but not limited to analytical laboratories, certified industrial hygiene firms, EHS services providers, consulting firms and risk management and law firms representing the company risks and liabilities.
• Implementing the EHS strategic plan for Global Service Repair for EMA and supporting Global Service Repair leadership with EHS matters.
• Developing and leading implementation of EHS systems for EMA Repair Operations by collaborating deployment with other EHS managers in Global Service Repair in the Americas and AP.
• Identifying, establishing, and maintaining internal processes for EHS such as procedures, work instruction, EHS directives, and guidelines.
• Identifying, establishing, and maintaining the processes for identification and mitigation of EHS risk, liability, and associated costs.
• Managing the system for standardized EHS metrics to be used to establish long and short term goals for EMA Repair Operations.
• Managing EHS records and controls, critical EHS data including third party audit reports, risk assessment reports, key health and safety documents and environmental permits.
• Managing the incident investigation process to identify causes, contributing factors, trends, best practices and opportunities for incident prevention.
• Providing leadership, technical guidance and training for site EHS Coordinators at the repair locations to develop EHS talent and competency.
• Serving as the EHS expert for Repair Operations in the EMA and actively engage with continuing education relevant to this position in order to maintain EHS certifications.
As an Environment Health & Safety Manager you will need:
• BEng, BSc Health Safety and Environment or equivalent experience in a related discipline.
• Proven experience of a min 5 -10 years of managing EHS in a manufacturing or industrial environment.
• Experience with liaising with people at all levels.
• Strong leadership, interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
• Working knowledge of EHS regulatory framework and EHS management systems.
• Proficiency with MS Office in Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
• Excellent command of the English language (spoken and written).
• The ability to travel internationally to countries such as UK, Italy and Saudi Arabia
• Yearly salary reviews
• Monday to Thursday 8.30am - 4.30pm, Friday 8.30am - 3.30pm finish on Fridays (not inclusive of international travel)
• Private healthcare and dental care for employee and their dependants
• Generous pension scheme - company contribution up to 10%
• Paid overtime
• Life assurance
• Death in Service - 3x annual salary
• Free parking on-site