About this role
In this role, you will work collaboratively with software engineering to deploy and operate our Management Platform and component business-critical tools. You will help automate and streamline our operations and processes and build and maintain tools for deployment, monitoring and operations support.
You will be able to understand and take the best course of action when a critical production system has an acute problem and pull priority and high-value tasks as part of a Kanban team. Your exposure to an agile working environment is highly desirable.
People who thrive in our environment, are self-motivated, organised and want to naturally share knowledge and contribute to technical discussions and learn. With great communication skills, you’ll be customer-focussed and want to create and deliver value.
- Excellent operational and administrative knowledge of Linux Operating Systems
- A strong understanding of datacentre technologies including Servers, Networks, Storage ideally gained through an operational support background
- Proven experience with one or more Open Source tools; RabbitMQ, Elasticsearch, Puppet, Ansible, Terraform, RabbitMQ
- Knowledge with RDBMS (PostGreSQL, MySQL) administration, and SQL script writing
- Demonstrable skill in at least one of the following scripting languages: Python, Ruby, PowerShell, Perl
- An aptitude and desire to identify and automate repeatable tasks for efficiency and accuracy.
- Experience in working within a large-scale cloud or virtualised computing environment
- Experience with applications and network monitoring systems and Protective Monitoring, SIEMs or other security aligned tools
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes, LANDesk, VMware, OpenStack, Xen/Oracle Hypervisor,
- Administration of Atlassian tools
- Knowledge of best practices and IT operations in always up, always available service