To £70K plus extensive benefits package
This role is a new vacancy within a Digital Transformation program of a mature client engagement. Working with the product development team using SAFe Agile framework, the key responsibility of the successful candidate will be to design and implement DevOps practices.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work with a diverse team on a cutting-edge digital transformation program to modernise an existing product and implement this within a top tier financial service client.
Required qualifications for this role:
The DevOps Architect should come from a DevOps background and be technically adept in configuration management tools, continuous development, Linux environments and have experience of delivering automation within a cloud infrastructure.
The DevOps Architect must demonstrate a systematic and thorough approach to their work activities, identifying deficiencies, while also maintaining a balance between process adherence and pragmatism, assessing the assurance requirements of the client, the project and Company against value. Given the breadth of their activities, they must also demonstrate a wide-ranging awareness of the overall goals of assurance in driving project improvement and success.
Key Skills required include:
- Years of experience building great software using updated tools
- Experience of working within a product development team implementing DevOps
- Visionary skills, Excellent communication and Leadership mindset
- Up-to-date knowledge about tools and technologies
- Solid understanding of concepts
- The inspirational approach to team management
- Strong operational experience
- Extraordinary cross-functional headship skills
- Effective problem-solving expertise
- Configuration management proficiency
- Strong knowledge of Linux based systems
Desirable Skills include:
- Working within financial services organisation especially experience of Asset Finance industry.
- Experience of working within a SAFe Agile framework
- Able to design a system using an Agile / DevOps methodology
- Comfortable explaining DevOps practices to clients including common challenges
- Extensive and detailed understanding of automation technologies including build, configuration, test, deployment, delivery and monitoring
- Can perform and manage Cloud deployments
- Mange the continuous delivery of a production system
- Experience with configuration management tools such as GitHub and Bitbucket
- Knowledge of cloud technologies such as Azure
- Test Automation: Selenium or similar
- Continuous Integration: Managing Jenkins / TeamCity or similar
- Static Code Analysis: SonarQube or similar
Job role responsibilities:
The ideal candidate will be required to carry out activities including:
- Designing and Implementing DevOps practices
- Analysing, executing, and streamlining DevOps practices
- Automating processes with the right tools
- Facilitating development process and operations
- Establishing a suitable DevOps channel across the organization
- Setting up a continuous build environment to speed up software development and deployment process
- Architecting overall, comprehensive, and efficient practices
- Guiding developers and operation teams in case of an issue
- Monitoring, reviewing, and managing technical operations
Manage teams with a leadership mindset
About the company:
Our client is a global Tier 1 company involved in many leading mission critical projects. They are highly regarded within the industry and are one of the largest independent technology & business services firms in the world.
They consider employees as highly valued members of the business and offer extensive progression opportunities for those wishing to move further in their career on a local, national or global scale.