My client is currently looking for a DevOps Engineer to join them at their offices in Brighton
In this role, you’ll report to the DevOps Manager and will work across the company's entire DevOps Toolchain to aid in cloud-based delivery, development, build, deployment and management of applications; the foundation of our software development lifecycle. The ideal candidate will assist in formulating the DevOps Toolchain strategy related to the software development lifecycle, developing monitoring and reporting standards and managing - all while keeping a laser-like focus on costs and security.
You will be responsible for availability, scalability, and risk mitigation of all systems that are required for the software development process, while working closely with the Software Engineering, QA, Hosting, IT, and Client Support services teams across the globe. You will give technical input during infrastructure redesigns and aid the company in adopting new technologies and methodologies.
This position is responsible for maintaining security controls and conducting static vulnerability assessments against our web applications and server infrastructure that form our DevOps ecosystem.
As part the Software Architecture team, you will be charged with maintaining and improving our security profile for development, QA and client services sites involved in delivering engaging and robust learner experiences.
We are looking for a passionate and experienced engineer who thinks logically, acts rationally and understands the challenges of supporting current and emerging technology stacks that enable my client to continuously to grow and enhance it Software Engineering, QA, hosting and Client Support services.
- Work alongside a global talented team of colleagues and quintessentially creative individuals who are building recruitment, talent, and learning management applications and services
- Develop and design tools to instrument and alert on problems, ongoing releases and projects
- Own availability, scalability, latency, and efficiency for the team's services
- Deploy and maintain automated scanning of various PeopleFluent properties, including validating findings and driving remediation
- First point of contact for in-house development and hosting team to accommodate requests
- Support of PaaS-based and mobile applications maintaining uptime while fielding escalations as part of on-call rotation
- Responsible for the DevOps architecture, including build, deployment and support of a continuous integration and continuous deployment strategy for the software engineering and QA teams
- Ability to deftly and clearly communicate with the technology teams and to non-technical members of the organization
- Design strategies for security monitoring of new and existing systems
- Ability to deftly and clearly communicate with the technology team and to non-technical members of the organization
- Mentor junior colleagues and encourage their growth and knowledge of infrastructure
- Demonstrable extensive experience managing Linux application servers (RHEL, Ubuntu, CentOS)
- Demonstrable experience with fluid virtual infrastructures (VMware, Docker, AWS, OpenStack)
- Demonstrable experience with Apache (Tomcat) / NGINx
- Demonstrable experience with networking, storage and sysadmin best practices
- Demonstrable experience with database servers, preferably Oracle, MySQL or PostgreSQL
- Demonstrable experience with enterprise search platforms, like Solr
- Demonstrable experience with with SVN/GIT alongside Agile development processes
- Strong understanding of performance metrics from stress/load tests
- Demonstrable experience of various cache configurations, including Redislab
- Demonstrated experience securing high-traffic properties (cloud and on-prem)
- Demonstrable experience with build tools, preferably like Gradle or Maven
- Demonstrable experience with Ansible, Chef, or Puppet
- Demonstrable experience with managing cloud-based Jenkins servers
- Demonstrable experience with Jira <->ZenDesk integration and Confluence
- Strong knowledge in scripting and programming languages (Python, Ruby, PowerShell, Golang)
- Track record of delivering hardened, fault-tolerant, high-availability designs
- Lazy enough to automate tasks, smart enough to document them well (including Server Architecture diagrams)
- Strong sense of ownership and urgency
- Creative, strategic and critical thinker with a high attention to detail
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks, set priorities and meet deadlines
- Cool-headed in a crisis and instill confidence in those around you while solving problems
- Bachelor’s degree required, security certifications not required so long as you are qualified