|Job Title:||Deputy Nursing Manager|
|Salary:||38000 - 38000|
|Contact Name:||Charley Thorne|
|Job Published:||21 days ago|
|TEAM Member Emailemail@example.com|
|TEAM Member Phone Number||01293 401600|
|Member Contact||Chris Barnett|
|Contact Phone Number||01293 401600|
|Approximate Total Fee:|
|Split Fee Terms:|
Deputy Nurse Manager
Haywards Heath, West Sussex
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ensure the health and welfare needs of residents are met.
- Be aware, ensure & lead staff in maintaining infection control.
- Provide supervisory and support role for care staff.
- Deploy the team appropriately and ensuring a high level of care.
- Maintain an awareness of all resident’s needs.
- Providing counselling, advice and practical assistance.
- Observing of Health and Safety requirements.
- Report possible hazards to Home Manager.
- Take immediate action where relevant.
- Liaison with colleagues and other departments.
- Report requirements for equipment and stores.
- Liaise with relatives and other health professionals.
- Maintain requirements of professional qualifications.
- Attend training sessions in order to extend personal knowledge.
- Undertake training and supervision of care staff.
Day to Day Duties:
- Receive handover and take over answering the telephone.
- Check the diary for the day’s events.
- Allocate breaks for staff team.
- Tour home and observe each resident.
- Cascade information to carers.
- Monitor personal care requirements and presentation.
- Monitor “unacceptable practices”.
- Monitor dietary and hydration requirements of residents.
- Respond to visitors requests and demands.
- Contact 3rd parties such as dieticians etc as appropriate.
- Supervise nursing staff and ensure that good care is carried out.
- Show prospective residents and families around the home.
- Organise reception of new resident.
- Conform to CQC requirements.
- Review and amend care plans and update risk assessments.
The right candidate for this role will be a Registered Nurse, currently a Deputy Manager or similar and keen to learn.