Our Client is one of the fastest growing Accountancy Firms in the world with over 18,000 employees, operating across 79 Countries.
We are delighted to be working in partnership with them to secure the services of a Corporate Tax Director to work closely with the Partner Team across all disciplines to deliver a high quality tax service to entrepreneurial businesses and private clients.
In addition to being provided with a portfolio of clients, you will assist the Partner Team to actively pursue new relationships with Directors and Shareholders of owner managed and family businesses. Typically, you will be advising Privately Owned Businesses and high net worth individuals on a whole range of issues, including (but not exclusively) group reorganisations/demergers, incorporations, succession planning, how to tax efficiently structure commercial transactions, arranging clients affairs to legitimately minimise tax.
- Develop and manage advisory projects in respect of Privately Owned and Family businesses, and ensure that deadlines are met
- Build strong relationships with clients and to guide them through transactions
- The critical skill as part of this role is to be a strong technical support for the whole team the candidate MUST therefore have strong technical knowledge in respect of all taxes relevant to Privately Owned Business transactions. Preferably a strong knowledge of the following taxes: corporation tax, income tax, capital gains tax
- Dealing with clients with International links would be an advantage
- Sharing knowledge with more junior (and senior) members of the team
- Reviewing technical analysis, tax advisory letters, tax clearances and other work prepared by other members of the team
- Liaising with intermediaries (being banks, lawyers or financial advisors), and colleagues throughout advisory engagements
- Help develop the business and seek new opportunities externally by maintaining a strong network of contacts and referrers of work
- Managing WIP, debtors and fees
- Being actively involved in the recruitment, development and progression of more junior members of the team
- Entrepreneurial business tax focus, with experience in advisory transactions
- A strong technical knowledge of all taxes in respect of transactional work for the following taxes: corporation tax, income tax, capital gains tax, and inheritance tax
- Strong client handling skills and the ability to develop good relationships with clients and other professionals
- The individual would be expected to delegate efficiently, review work and have the ability to encourage and foster development of the more junior members of the team
- Equally the individual will need to be able to work collaboratively with the Partner/Director team in the continued growth of the business, and have a strong network of intermediaries
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written
- Adaptable, organised with a commercial approach
- Ability and/or willingness to research complex technical issues
- Ability to exercise judgement
- Ability to help generate creative solutions to problems
- Ability to demonstrate an understanding of risk management issues
This is an amazing opportunity to join one of the top global accountancy firms in a very senior capacity and work in a stunning office overlooking Poole Harbour.