Branched from another successful company.
The company provides a federated data application framework totally driven by metadata which helps turn client’s ‘big data’ into ‘smart data’.
The framework is built on cutting-edge technologies that require talented and passionate developers to drive forwards with innovative ideas.
The company has a presence in the UK, South Africa, Singapore and Australia.
We looking for candidates to work on the metadata driven microservices platform and whilst the codebase is predominantly written in Scala they welcome developers with experience in any modern development language. There will be some overlap with the database developers so experience in databases technology is also a requirement.
- Ability to demonstrate the ability to write clean, efficient and maintainable code in at least one modern programming language,
- Scala, Java, Kotlin, Go, Clojure, C++, Erlang, OCaml, Python,Rust, C#, F#, VB, or Haskell.
- Experience in database development and database operations.
- Must be self-motivating and have the ability to generate ideas for the future direction of the of the platform using a logical approach and clean efficient code.
- No preference on the core programming language the candidate is using as long as they have around 4 years of experience in back end specifically - not front end or full stack.
- It doesn't matter what language they use when completing their technical task either as long as they can demonstrate their capabilities in their chosen language.
- If they are skilled in distributed high volume systems, that's a bonus!
- Again, they really don't have any preference at this point in the core programming language they use, as long as they are using a functional programming language.
- Interview process:
- Techincal test
- Face to face interview
- Ideally we are looking for candidates who would like to work in the office 5 days a week.
- Monday - Friday; 9am-5:30pm