Property Paralegal/Conveyancing Assistant
As part of our continuous growth and development, our clientis now looking for a Paralegal/Conveyancing Assistant to join the Property team in Spalding. Not only is the department busy and expanding, but the level of client work is truly high level and diverse.
The role will involve supporting the fee earners with administrative, secretarial and case management duties and providing assistance within a team environment, which include;
• Assist a residential conveyancing solicitor with the day-to-day running of their caseload. The ability to work as part of a team is essential,together with excellent communication and organisational skills.
• Deal with administrative routines as required to include computer printouts and photocopying
• Manage incoming and outgoing mail
• Operate case management system
• To make appointments, arrange meetings and maintain manager/fee earner's diary as required
• To attend clients both in person and on the telephone and to provide such support in a professional and friendly manner in keeping with the firm’s standards for client care and manage incoming and outgoing telephone calls, e-mails and facsimile transmissions as required
• Ensure the confidentiality of all the firm’s and clients’ documentation and information
• Appreciation of legal procedures
• Knowledge of relevant computer retrieval information systems
• To undertake any specific training when required to do so and overall to have a responsibility towards self-development and further training
• Any other reasonable requests from fee earners and/or managers
Skills and Experience
• Excellent verbal and written skills
• Customer care to the highest standard
• A 'can do' attitude
• Team player – supportive and flexible
• Organisational skills
Please note: We will only consider candidates that have previous experience within a legal practice.