CAD Technician (Structural / Construction)
£24,000 - £30,000 per annum
CAD Technician required by specialist insulation company based in Swindon. Salary negotiable depending on skills and experience.
We are a young, but rapidly growing, company who design and supply specialist flat roof insulation systems for the construction industry. We now have a fantastic opportunity for a skilled CAD Technician to join the team, interpreting architect’s drawings and designing bespoke insulation solutions. This requires calculating U-values, condensation risk analysis and acoustic performance through to material take-offs.
The ideal candidate will be AutoCAD proficient with some experience in the construction / structural / civil engineering sectors. Full on the job training for our specialist design software will be provided.
Working closely with our clients, the design team and project architects, you will be responsible for managing compliance checks against the specifications and client requirements. As part of this role you will attend pre-construction design development meetings and undertake site visits to check progress during the construction phase.
- AutoCAD & MS Office proficient
- The ability to read construction drawings
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to inspire confidence and develop long term relationships
- ‘Can do’ attitude
- Good work ethic and aptitude for continuous learning and improvement
- Able to work under own initiative and meet deadlines
- Punctual, smart and hardworking
- A knowledge of flat roofing
- An understanding of basic U-values