TITAL: Business Director and CS Lead REPORTING TO: General Manager
CLIENT: Leading FMCG brand LOCATION: Chiswisk, London
CONTRACT: Permanent DEPARTMENT: Client Services
START DATE: ASAP
Whilst all other agencies sit apart from clients, we build dedicated agencies inside the clients’ organisations. We do this because we can be more effective inside.
It allows us to operate at the speed of the client’s business, deliver better work, faster and drive their business forward.
As our clients’ needs evolve, we can give them access to relevant and specialist disciplines from across our entire agency. We can add these people in on a project-by-project basis or as permanent members of a brand-immersed team.
This approach creates an agency that’s extremely flexible. It’s responsive to change and enables us to add to to the in-house agency skill set as and when needed.
We are the UK’s fastest growing agency, following the successful integration of a leading digital agency and several new business wins, it’s an exciting place to be with the opportunity to work in close partnership with some of the world’s leading brands across disciplines and markets.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are seeking a Business Director and Head of the Client Services Team in-house at Starbucks, a pivotal role on an important pan European business. This is an integrated role within a fast pace, high volume retail environment, involving the development of strategy, creative and design across both CRM and in store brand communications.
We’re looking for experience in, and a passion for, retail marketing in its broadest sense, and for producing engaging traffic and business-driving creative across an integrated marketing mix. You should be a strong strategic thinker that enjoys working closely with clients as long-term business partners, steering the development of their marketing strategies and driving new pipelines of work alongside effective delivery of existing projects.
Reporting to the General Manager and working alongside the Creative Director, Operations Director and Creative Services Manager, you lead the client services team, which includes two Account Directors, to ensure delivery excellence across the integrated marketing mix consisting of Consumer Insight, CRM, Digital, Ad Campaigns and Local POS.
The primary focus for this role will be to immediately start shifting a potentially reactive culture to a proactive one, working with the client to ensure we are thinking and not just doing, seeking out fresh opportunities, new ways to improve the work and encouraging forward planning and good working practices.
Beyond the day to day, the Business Director is responsible for ensuring that the agency has an industry leading standard of client services, that meets the evolving demands of the world’s largest coffee retailer, and one of the world’s largest brands, with the same level of drive and passion as the client.
The Business Director will have financial oversight and will work with the Operations Director to ensure that we are profitable on a project by project basis across campaigns.
• An experienced senior account handler with a solid agency background
• Fully integrated experience is essential, working with retailers and across multiple markets preferable, working with a fashion/designer brand very interesting
• You have high energy and gravitas, are articulate and engaging and confidently build strong relationships with clients at every level
• You have meticulous attention to detail, establishing yourself as a safe pair of hands ensuring nothing falls through the cracks on projects or the day-to-day management of the account.
• You manage expectations well, being clear and transparent with all agency and client stakeholders involved
• You have an appreciation of what excellence in brand activation looks like
• Competency in utilizing and managing workflow tools & email/in app platforms (e.g. Urban Airship, Adobe Campaign)
• Capable of thinking on their feet, and who is happy to challenge and question areas that could improve and to push back when necessary
• Good commercial acumen and financial management skills
• You encourage a strong proactive and collaborative team culture
• Leadership of the client services function, and overall campaign leadership in partnership with clients
• Work collaboratively with the central team and the various departmental teams, suppliers and agencies in the group
• Financial management; revenue, proftability
• Delivery against agreed performance and operational KPIs
• Cross departmental relationship management & provision of information
• Ensure junior members of the team have an understanding of our processes and are able to flag any issues to be solved by senior members of the team
EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
• At least 7 years experience in running integrated campaigns (preferably for a retailer)
• Network or large organizational experience.
• Demonstrable business, strategic and financial acumen.
• Confident communication skills both internally and externally with client.
• Past experience in managing global or regional campaigns