|Job Title:||Business Development Manager|
|Location:||candidate must live between Birmingham and Lake District|
|Salary:||45000 - 55000 basic plus 50% of salary in achievable bonus /car/laptop/mobile/benefits|
|Contact Name:||Richard Starkey|
|Job Published:||13 days ago|
|TEAM Member Emailemail@example.com|
|TEAM Member Phone Number||01827 264 469|
|Member Contact||Deb Pettingill|
|Contact Phone Number||01827 264 469|
|Approximate Total Fee:|
|Split Fee Terms:|
Established in 1967, this client has grown to be an award-winning provider of strategic outsourcing solutions to many of the most successful and respected machinery builders worldwide.
Employing more than 250 staff at their manufacturing site in the West Midlands, they has grown into the largest independent supplier of control & automation solutions in Europe.
They work with OEMs in a range of industries that include;
- Food processing
- Machine Tool
- Medical Equipment
- Scientific equipment
- Semiconductor plant & processing
- Power & Distribution
They are looking for a Business Decvelopment Manager to cover the Midlands and North - so the ideal candidate will live between Birmingham and Manchester.
The ideal candidate will be Lively, Energetic, confident and have a winning attitude towards winning business in the engineering sector and be able to find the cleints pain..
B2B EXPERIENCE: To be able to demonstrate the sales competency in the B2B “World”
- To have an inquisitive mind and demeaner
- A consultative approach. Used to selling custom solutions, not products?
- Commercially astute and be confident selling the benefits of strategic outsourcing to D and C-level Management
- Business wide understanding (financial, eng, ops etc..) that contributes to winning new business and creating value for the customer and client.
- Good network of past customers and suppliers (loyalty)
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship skills
- Used to working in a manufacturing environment
MARGIN: Increase gross margin and value add through a focused approach of prospecting the right fit customer
- Focusing on high-value add opportunities
- Solving high-value problems which provide measurable benefit to the customer
- Recommend solutions not previously considered (think outside the box)
TIME MANAGEMENT: effective use of own time and self-discipline
- Experienced in time management and best use of company resources
- Good diary planner to manage office, customer visits and home working
- Project management skills, formal qualifications desirable but not essential
STRATEGY: Contribute to the new 2020 strategic plan;
- Evolving pipeline with a clear path to the win and tangible sales by Q1 2020.
- Introduce a new vertical sector that’s untouched but aligns with company business plan
MARKET KNOWLEDGE: Not just OEM sector awareness but experience of vertical markets.
- End users, easy and the quick win?
- Experience throughout the UK and non-UK geographies of interest
TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE: Controls & Automation specific or parallel markets or technologies, including formal qualifications / training.
- Be able to use your knowledge (and those of their network) to create innovative solutions for the customer
- Be able to understand the business terminology and interact with Engineers
PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES: Competitive, sporting, social skills
- Demonstrate a winning mentality, being competitive
- Demonstrate confidence and self-discipline
- Not a defeatist and knows how to meander through obstacles and challenges