UK Business Development Manager
Based in Portsmouth
£25000 - £30000 per annum (dependent on experience)
Drivers Licence Required
Reporting to the Director of Business - No Direct line reports
- Your role as a UK Business Development Manager is to achieve sector target sales, deliver budget and sell this portfolio of products to existing and new customers.
- This role is about developing new business in the Emergency Services sectors, managing existing accounts by introducing new ranges and upselling the products to meet Sales Targets for sector: Emergency Services Sector
- Core prospects include Police & Fire Services, Ambulance, Search & Rescue, Security Companies, Police & Security suppliers, MOD, Councils, Government Departments & other related government bodies in the UK & Ireland which requires a methodical approach to ensure everyone is contacted regularly and information is recorded correctly.
There are less face to face visits and the role needs to be filled with someone that is happy to deal by email and phone for the majority of the time but is still well presented and spoken to attend exhibitions (there are over 8 a year) and some demonstrations and customer visits.
The main duties of the position:
- Develop relationships and generate sales to achieve Sales Targets by finding new distributors and consumers.
- Work with the Director to define a strategy of the sector being targeted
- Research the market and identify potential leads via various methods (internet, magazine and exhibitions etc)
- Identify Exhibitions where the company should exhibit, organize our participation, attend the
- event & follow up leads
- Answer requests from clients regarding suitable products for needs, organize samples for trial/assessment on request, provide quotations and follow up
- Work with the marketing team to create mailings (or e-mailings) with new catalogue, special offers, etc..
- Make cold calls to introduce the company & obtain information on prospects, arrange visits as necessary
- Report to Management on regular basis (monthly sales meeting) & achieve target
- Administration activities - Process orders on system & calculate carriage cost, send out credit forms and applications to customers, send pro forma invoices and agree conditions with the customer, update CRM and ensure calls are logged.
The salary would be from 25k but a higher salary would be considered for an experienced candidate. There would be a pool car available for work trips and exhibitions etc.
This company is growing Hampshire based company who has a large product portfolio and excellent development opportunities and benefits that include excellent holiday allowance, pension, paid sick leave and professional development.