Audit Manager Vacancy – Permanent - based in Northampton
Purpose of Role:
An Accounts Senior role based within an Accountancy Practice. Working on an extensive and broad portfolio of audit clients, within the owner- managed and corporate space. You will work alongside the Client Services Directors and Audit RI’s on key and Mid-Tier accounts in a client facing role, establishing strong relationships with business owners across the region.
- Acting as the key point of contact within the firm for audit clients together with CSD and Audit RI
- Responsible for the financial performance and management of a portfolio of audit clients
- Build and maintain strong relationships with clients, being the main point of contact throughout the year for queries and support.
- Complete engagements within agreed budgets and timescales and identify potential opportunities for additional billing.
- Manage Audit resources to ensure engagements have the right mix of knowledge and skills required within the team assigned.
- Ensure that the firms risk management and quality control procedures are always adhered to.
- Identify and recognise service line opportunities with new clients, and inform the CSD as appropriate
- Play an integral role in the recruitment, retention, development and motivation of the team.
- Acting as a representative of the firm by participating in office marketing events.
- Develop a strong commercial understanding of the client’s business and any developments within it.
In order to undertake this role, you will have worked in an accountancy practice previously and must have had experience working in a similar role.
- ACA/ACCA Qualified – Will consider QBE Candidates
- Significant prior experience of managing a portfolio of Audit Clients
- Significant experience of Audit testing, including consolidations, group audits, statutory accounts and disclosures
- Recent and significant accounting experience including knowledge of UK GAAP and Company Law
- Strong Leadership Skills
- Drive and resilience to deliver high levels of customer service
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Proficient in all MS Office Packages especially Excel.
Hours of work:
- 8.30am - 5.00pm (Monday – Friday)
28 Days Holiday plus office shut down over Christmas and New Year on top of holiday allowance.