|Job Title:||Assistant Service Manager (Healthcare)|
|Salary:||22000 - 22000|
|Contact Name:||Charley Thorne|
|Job Published:||27 days ago|
|TEAM Member Emailfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|TEAM Member Phone Number||01293 401600|
|Member Contact||Chris Barnett|
|Contact Phone Number||01293 401600|
|Approximate Total Fee:|
|Split Fee Terms:|
Assistant Service Manager
Our Client is looking for someone to provide responsive flexible support services to people we support to enable them to achieve the maximum independence possible and achieve their goals. To provide personalised care and support which is tailored to an individual’s needs, preferences and aspirations to enable people we support to have a full and active life. To assist the Registered Manager (Service Manager) to lead and direct the service’s support staff. To deputise for the Registered Manager in their absence.
Care and Support
- To ensure the care and support provided to people we support is person-centered and meets the organisation’s, regulator’s and purchasers quality standards and the requirements of the Care Act 2014.
- To deputise for the Service Manager ensuring effective leadership and coordination and planning of resources.
- To work effectively on your own and with colleagues to ensure all tasks and activities are carried out, including taking lead or specific responsibilities on a shift or on your own.
- To ensure support plans are co-developed and reflect the hopes and aspirations of people we support, and that staff working in your service understand how to provide high quality, person-centred care and support.
- To ensure regular, multi-disciplinary reviews with We Support and to ensure that the individual is at the centre of meetings.
- To enable people, we support to effectively manage their finances including paying rent, purchasing of goods and services.
- To communicate effectively with people, we support to encourage and enable them to make informed choices in their lives and to be able to participate fully in the management of the service, both individually and through regular meetings.
- To ensure that all decision making on behalf of people we support follows the principles of the Mental Capacity Act.
- To ensure any Deprivation of Liberty is for the least restrictive approach and ensure appropriate assessments and authorisations have been made.
- To ensure a keyworker is allocated to individual people we support to enable them to achieve the goals they aspire to.
- To work with the Service Manager to ensure the effective management of medication and to supervise/administer prescribed medication in line with current procedures and practices as required, and ensure pharmacy ordering and GP liaison is effective.
- To coach / support people we support in the development of their household and domestic skills, including cleaning, tidying up, cooking and gardening and to directly carry out these tasks as required.
- To ensure people we support are assisted and supported with money management or external appointees and banking as required.
- To assist and support people we support to pursue leisure interests, meaningful social activities, education and employment, utilising local community facilities, and to be active citizens.
- To ensure household and domestic are fully delivered, including cleaning, tidying up, catering and gardening.
- To assist people, we support develop friendships, build social networks and maintain
- To establish and maintain good liaison with people we support, their families and professionals from other organisations.
- To support people, we support to go on a holiday of their choice and to accompany them if necessary.
- To organise care reviews by liaising with other professionals involved in the care and support of the people we support and to assist people we support to participate in their care/support review.
- To develop risk assessment plans and business continuity plans to ensure risks are identified and managed appropriately
- To act as a role model and mentor to other staff and to assist them in their development.
Management of Staff
- To participate in the recruitment of staff for the service in accordance with the Recruitment and Selection Policy and Procedure.
- To provide formal supervision and feedback following observation and to implement performance management measures when necessary in discussion with the Service Manager.
- To complete monthly staffing rotas.
- To provide induction training to new staff and support them to complete their Care Certificate, Active Prospects Induction standards and Probation period.
- To provide guidance and leadership to staff undertaking work-related qualifications.
- To ensure the financial administration of the home is managed according to the organisation’s policies and procedures and Financial Regulations.
- To work with the Service Manager to ensure the service is managed within budget.
Administration and Compliance
- To maintain all records required by the organisation, our Regulators and current legislation.
- Report any accidents and/or incidents to Head Office in accordance with the organisation’s policies and procedures
- To keep all the services records up to date including written and IT based logs, support notes, and reporting.
- To develop and maintain electronic files and diaries, and update electronic records, forms, and notes.
- To work alongside the Manager to maintain staff records and all associated HR requirements.
- To ensure the organisation’s policies and procedures are followed at all times when delivering services. In particular, to be aware of, comply with and promote at all times:
- Safeguarding policies and practices.
- Equality & Diversity policies and practices.
- Health & Safety policies and procedures, in order to protect your own safety and the safety of others.
- To ensure any information relating to people we support, staff or the organisation is treated in the strictest confidence and in accordance with the Data Protection Act (1998) and organisational policies and procedures.
- To report any issues of concern or reportable incidents immediately to the Service Manager and ensure the incident reporting procedure is implemented, in particular with regard to safeguarding and CQC reportable procedures.
- To provide regular oral and written reports at handovers on the progress of individual people we support, including handover as relevant.
- To maintain and update the services records using IT systems as required, including Care and Support Plans, Health and safety records.
- To undertake mandatory and other agreed training and development activities as required carrying out the duties of the post effectively.
- If can drive, to support People engage with their community through driving the organisation’s/People’s/your vehicles.
- To work effectively as part of a staff team and to attend and contribute to regular staff meetings.
- Participate positively in regular supervision and appraisals with senior staff in the service.
- Carry out any other duties as requested by your line manager and senior managers of the organisation.
To at all times act as a positive role model for colleagues and people we support and to represent the organisation in a professional manner
Working hours are TBC.