Accounts Interim, Chartered Accountancy Practice in Ascot
£28-35k (negotiable and pro-rata) + benefits – minimum 9 month contract - and genuine possibility of permanent role in due course.
Possible flexibility in regards to working hours.
An independent firm of Chartered Accountants, a smaller ‘niche’ employer that offers an outstanding environment in which to work, a delightful team ethic and a reputation for putting good humour and personality alongside hard work and a genuine customer focus when delivering accounting services. Acting for clients ranging from high net worth individuals to large corporations, we are now looking to appoint a part qualified or qualified individual, initially on a contract basis, to help with an increasing and diverse workload.
We definitely need someone with accountancy practice experience, but the main thing we are looking for is the RIGHT person, with personality and commitment, and a highly people centric and customer care mind set. You may have expertise in some or all of the areas listed below – either way, we’d love to hear from you.
The role will include exposure to all aspects of general practice accountancy as follows:
· Preparation of accounts - sole trader, partnership and small limited companies accounts – preparation of various working papers, maintenance of client files and reporting to seniors at agreed stage of completion
· Bookkeeping - maintenance of client records on excel spreadsheets and Sage Accounts, including sales and purchase invoice controls, receipts and payment analysis, bank reconciliations and VAT reconciliations
· VAT – review / preparation of client quarterly VAT Returns
· Personal Taxation – assistance with and completion of Self-Assessment Tax Returns including Income Tax and Capital Gains Tax work
· Corporation Taxation – assistance with and completion of CT Returns
· Audits – assisting with site / office based work
· Client correspondence - both written and oral
· General administration - filing etc. relating to the office and clients
· Relevant accounting qualification (part qualified/qualified) or qualified by experience
· Experience in an accounts practice essential
· Outstanding interpersonal skills and personal presentation - there will client contact and it is important that candidates are confident in communicating both verbally and in writing
· Analytical and enquiring mind
· Highly attentive to detail
About The Benefits
· Annual salary between £28-35k (negotiable) – this will be pro-rated and paid monthly, you will be paid by the employer and not through an agency or third party
· 23 days leave (3 of which will be taken over the Christmas holiday period) + 8 Bank & statutory holidays
· Fixed term contract (certainly 6, more likely to be 9 months and strong likelihood of permanent role in the future, should this be of interest)
· Whilst we are seeking someone to work 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday, we may be able to offer some flexibility in regards to hours of work