**THIS ROLE IS STRICTLY CONIDENTIAL AND CANNOT BE ADVERTISED ON JOB BOARDS**
Our client, a facilities management company based in Oxfordshire are looking to recruit an Accounts & Payroll Manager to join their team.
The company are looking for a dynamic individual who is totally confident managing a team, who can demonstrate proven success and experience of the accounts and payroll functions within a business and who is capable of juggling varied responsibilities within a busy environment.
The successful candidate will be managing a team of 4 accounts administrators and 2 payroll administrators. They will need great interpersonal skills and to be an effective communicator and negotiator. They are looking for someone who can manage the day to day running of these 2 departments, ensuring deadlines are met.
Aims of the post
- Responsibility for maintaining accounting principles, practices and procedures to ensure accurate and timely financial statements.
- Supervision of accounts and payroll teams with responsibility for managing staff, ensuring that work is properly allocated and completed to deadlines.
- This position addresses a multitude of accounting activities including general ledger preparation, financial reporting, VAT, year-end, audit assistance and the support of budget and forecast activities, as well as payroll tasks including maintaining three pay frequencies, submission of RTI returns, preparing and paying HMRC, CSA and other employee deductions, assistance with management of the pension scheme, overseeing payment runs, auditing, TUPE and provision of data to other departments.
- Maintenance of accurate records using SAGE Payroll & Sage Line 50.
- Provision of support to the Financial Controller.
- Regular reporting to the Financial Controller, Directors and Managing Directors.
Key result areas
- Meeting department SLA’s.
- Reducing debtors & improving cash-flow.
- Budget analysis to ensure labour costs remain within agreed levels.
- Reducing payroll errors and streamlining procedures.
- Effective communication.
The ideal candidate will have; (List not exhaustive)
- Clean valid driving British driving licence
- Excellent standard of numeracy and literacy
- Proven success within an accounts & payroll position
- Organised and methodical – able to prioritise to meet deadlines
- Confident and effective team leader
- Hands-on, “can-do” approach
- Excellent IT skills – Microsoft Outlook, Excel and Word
- Good understanding of budgets