Essential Skills and Experiences:
• You will be a skilled practitioner and role model in software craftsmanship
• Responsible for defining and assuring best practices are adhered to across the team and working as part of a team to deliver a quality product
• With a focus on performance, availability and quality you will be accountable for ensuring the highest standards are delivered at all times
• Knowledge of MySQL (or equivalent SQL DB) would be handy and possible exposure to NoSQL DBs
• Desirable but not essential knowledge: Restful APls, Microservice architecture, AWS platforms, RDS, Lambda, DynamoDB, EC2, S3,
• You must be able to work in a team and to use tools, understanding of code repositories and git
• Build > Measure > Learn
• Whilst technical ability is crucial to the role we are looking for a self-starter who demonstrates a solution driven attitude to tech, and an enthusiasm for team work, who will enjoy working in a fast-paced collaborative environment
• Good communicator, self-motivated, problem solver, happy to work in an agile development team
Our kitchens are crafted with distinction, that’s not true of every kitchen. Looks can be deceptive; if you look a little deeper you’ll start to understand why. The frames of our wooden shaker doors are made from solid kiln dried timbers unlike some manufacturers. We don’t use laminates.
We don’t import doors or cabinets like other manufacturers and we don’t sell cut- price products of substandard quality with a fancy brand name. At Ultima we manufacture our own doors and cabinets using glue and dowel construction for added strength, we’re extremely proud of that. Our passion for manufacturing ensures our products are always of a superior quality, but not a premium price.
We’re continually investing in the latest technology and looking to make improvements in the way we do things. This guarantees that every cabinet to roll off our production line is manufactured to the same high standards. The truth is, our founder, Alf Ellis wouldn’t have it any other way. His enduring fascination with manufacturing has been driving us forward ever since we began supplying trade customers over 30 years ago.
Automated machinery may not mean much when you’re looking for a new kitchen. But without it, we wouldn’t be able to manufacture all of our own products efficiently here in the UK and pass the savings on to you! Our state-of-the-art production facilities provide us with the flexibility to manufacture products that can be tailored to fulfil every customer’s desire. That’s uncommon outside of bespoke manufacturers.