2nd Line Support Engineer
I am looking for an experienced 2nd Line Support Engineer who is looking to join an exciting, fast-growing technology company based in Central London. You will be joining a company that is committed to investing in your development and offers a number of benefits, incentives & rewards.
My client is a pioneer within the telecommunications industry with a hugely successful background within Cloud and Networking. They have set standards to other businesses with what they have managed to accomplish and continue to be one of the most innovative businesses within their field. They are now looking to expand their Managed Services Support Team with an experienced 2nd Line Engineer.
As a 2nd Line Support Engineer, you will be responding to support calls as assigned within SLAs, resolving or escalating the issues and ensuring maximum levels of customer satisfaction are met at all times.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Troubleshooting customer reported faults on UC / Voice over IP systems.
- Monitoring and maintaining UC / Voice over IP systems.
- Owning issues until resolution.
- Excellent support ticket management.
- Managing fault and incident escalations from 1st line teams.
- Liaising with internal departments.
- Liaising with key suppliers and 3rd parties.
- Co-ordinating field engineering resource for faults and incidents.
- Quick learner and results driven.
- Heavily customer focused.
- A high standard of written and spoken English.
- Excellent communication skills via telephone, email and face to face.
- Able to remain calm under pressure.
- Able to work using own initiative and think logically as well as work in a team.
- Analytical and problem solving skills, with the ability to multi task.
- Accurate and clear record keeping.
- Be able to work to targets (SLA’s).
- Ambitious and Conscientious.
- Experience working with UC / Voice over IP systems.
- Technical support experience.
- Ability to work under pressure and multi-task.
- Excellent all round technical competency.
- An understanding of broadband technologies.
- Ability to demonstrate good SIP troubleshooting knowledge.
- Broadband fault resolution experience.
- Routing & Switching – CCNA/CCNA-Voice standard of knowledge.
- SIP, RDP, TCP/IP, BGP, Unix/Linux, Scripting (advantageous).Experience of using traffic analysers and being able to interpret the outputs.
This is the ideal role for someone who wants to be within a highly successful and forward thinking company and have a challenge they can really sink their teeth into. The environment is fun, friendly and pro-active with a huge emphasis on team work.