What is the Regulation?
The European Parliament has introduced a General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) by way of reform of EU Data Protection Law. The GDPR replaces the current Data Protection Directive, which was implemented into UK Law through the Data Protection Act 1998.
As the GDPR is a Regulation, rather than a Directive, it will be immediately binding on all EU member states immediately once in force.
When does GDPR become law?
Consultation began in 2009 in recognition of the new challenges for personal data protection, particularly in light of new technologies and globalisation.
The implementation date for GDPR is 25th May 2018.
GDPR in Recruitment Group
To join click here
|Overview of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)|
|Guidance: what to expect and when|
|Preparing for GDPR|
|Are you ready?|
- Congratulations to our TEAM Xchange Winners for the Third Quarter 2019
- In a Scenario where the Remarks are Hypothetical and there is no Direct Victim, Homophobic Comments are Unlawful Discrimination.
- Legal Advice Privilege: A Leaked Email and an Overheard Conversation in the Pub - What is Covered?
- North East Regional Networking Event
- North West Regional Networking Event
- South Midlands Regional Networking Event
- South Regional Networking Event
- South Central Regional Networking Event
- Midlands Regional Networking Event
- East Regional Networking Event
- Service Providers Meeting & Christmas Social
- TEAM 8th National Networking Conference