Coronavirus (COVID-19) Businesses and Employers Bulletin - 28 July 2020
This bulletin is issued by the Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy and provides the latest information for employers and businesses on coronavirus (COVID-19). All coronavirus business support information can be found at gov.uk/business-support
- Reporting outbreaks of coronavirus
- Travel corridors
- Eat Out to Help Out scheme
- Local restrictions
- New Updates and Guidance
New guidance for businesses and organisations on how to recognise, contain and report incidents of coronavirus has been published. COVID-19 early outbreak management information has been created to make sure that people who run businesses or organisations:
- know how to recognise and report an incident of coronavirus
- are aware of measures local health protection teams may advise in order to contain it.
Action cards have been developed to cover a range of businesses and organisations to provide specific advice on the issues each type of organisation may face now lockdown restrictions have been eased. The cards are designed to be printed or downloaded to keep on hand in your business or organisation. Find out more here
- Spain is no longer on the travel corridor list and the Foreign & Commonwealth Office are advising against all but essential travel to Spain. People will need to self isolate for 14 days when arriving from Spain into the UK. Find out more
- Estonia, Latvia, Slovakia, Slovenia and St Vincent and the Grenadines have been added to the exempt list.
- Find out how to claim the reimbursement for discounts given to diners with the Eat Out to Help Out Scheme by following new guidance published here.
- New examples of how to calculate the discount have also been published here.
- Register your business here, and find the list of participating eating establishments
- In Luton and in Blackburn with Darwen temporary measures to prevent further spread of coronavirus have been agreed. As a result changes planned in England for the reopening of: Indoor gyms; Indoor fitness and dance studios; Indoor sports courts and facilities; Indoor swimming pools; Bowling alleys; Indoor skating rinks; Casinos; and Exhibition halls and conference centres, will not take effect in Luton and Blackburn with Darwen. This will be formally reviewed by 8 August and every 2 weeks after that. All businesses that have already been permitted to open can remain open in Luton and in Blackburn with Darwen.
- A list of areas with additional local restrictions is available here.
- More information on the Government's approach to managing local coronavirus outbreaks can be found here.
Staying COVID-19 Secure in 2020 notice: There is a notice to display, to show you have made your workplace COVID-secure that has been updated to reflect the change to the guidance on working from home. Find it here
Other useful links
Some aspects of business support are devolved. Specific information for businesses and employers in Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales is available. In England, Growth Hubs can advise on local and UK Government business support. You can also find helpful business case studies and other useful information on the Coronavirus Business Support Blog.