How to Make the Most of Recruitment Agency Expo
Yes, it’s that time of year again – conference and exhibition season has rolled around, and summer is becoming a dim and distant memory.
October sees the bi-annual gathering of recruiters and recruitment suppliers at Recruitment Agency Expo. As always, it’s at the Birmingham NEC and this year is being held on Tuesday 2nd and Wednesday 3rd October.
With the variety of recruitment industry events on offer there is some debate over whether any of them are a good use of your time. After all, it’s at least a day out of the office for recruiters and more for the suppliers who are involved. However, I am a big fan of events and the Recruitment Agency Expo more than holds its own.
Where else can you get access to 20+ speakers and trainers each day, catch up with industry peers and stock up on stationery all for free!
Here are our tips for making the most of Recruitment Agency Expo and the speakers we recommend you head for:
1. Wear something comfortable
Sounds simple but the NEC parking is a fair walk from the exhibition hall. Plus, you’ll be on your feet all day. Gone are the days of suits and overly corporate wear at conferences, be comfortable, and you’ll get more out of it.
2. Share you’re there
Whether you’re visiting or attending, share that you are going to any event – whether that’s Recruitment Agency Expo or a different one. Take photos or a quick video and let people know you’re going so you can meet up on the day. Remember to use the event hashtag too.
3. Have that meeting you’ve been meaning to
If you’ve been meaning to get a meeting in the diary for months but can’t get a date that suits, arrange it for the expo. If your recruiter colleague from another branch is there, your supplier, a company you split fees with – make a date for that coffee you’ve been saying you’ll have since 2018.
4. The conference programme at Recruitment Agency Expo is fantastic.
It really is. There is a huge range of speakers covering topics from technology to employment law and beyond. Here are our recommendations for those you won’t want to miss:
- Steve Beckitt from SourceBreaker – giving insights on How to Maximise ROI from Technology.
- Alex Moyle from the Recruiting Gym sharing his energy and expertise via a Sales Explosion – Mastering the Basics.
- Kristie Perrotte also of the Recruiting Gym and Thrive Marketing – giving a classy look into Creating A Customer Acquisition Machine (proving you can’t succeed without marketing).
- The inimitable Wendy McDougall from Firefish – telling us how to Stop Cold Calling, and Start Warm Calling.
- Of course, the doyenne of all things digital marketing, Christina Robinson from Green Umbrella Marketing sharing her wisdom on LinkedIn Company Strategies for Busy Recruitment Marketers.
- The, frankly, awesome Joanne Lockwood from See Change Happen giving the lowdown on all things Diversity with her talk on The Journey to Conscious Inclusion.
- Catch five fast-paced and insightful presentations in one slot with the Inspire Recruitment team – led by Alex Moyle featuring TEAM members and suppliers. Buckle up for this one; you’ll need a rest afterwards!
- And finally, no-one puts Barry in the corner. Learn all you need to know about Doing Deals and Getting Paid with ‘Backdoor’ Barry Cullen from IntroPROTECT.
5. Stock up on stationery
Is a recruitment conference even a conference if there isn’t a plethora of stationery freebies for you to stock up on? Notebooks and pens are always a firm favourite, so make the most of them. And while you’re there, maybe have a chat with the recruitment suppliers giving them away. They may very well be able to help you, even better, if they are a TEAM supplier, make sure you ask for any exclusive TEAM offers.
Remember Recruitment Agency Expo is free to register and attend so book your place now. TEAM will be at their stand on both days, along with a host of TEAM suppliers in the exhibition hall. Make sure you come and say hello and share your visit on social media.
Amanda Davies, Marketing Consultant