|Job Title:||Wintel Technical Consultant|
|Salary:||30000 - 35000|
|REF:||Wintel Technical Consultant|
|Contact Name:||Claire Hallet-Walsh|
|Job Published:||26 days ago|
|TEAM Member Emailemail@example.com|
|TEAM Member Phone Number||02392 984 004|
|Member Contact||Claire Hallet-Walsh|
|Contact Phone Number||02392 984004|
|Approximate Total Fee:|
|Split Fee Terms:|
Wintel Technical Consultant
To £35K plus extensive benefits package
Due to the nature of this work all candidates must already hold or be eligible to hold UK Security Clearance to SC level or higher.
Essential experience required:
Our client is looking for a Wintel Technical Consultant with experience of working with Microsoft Windows based server technologies. This must include a sound understanding of:
- The installation, configuration and administration of Windows Servers
- Networking concepts, including TCP/IP, WINS, DHCP and DNS
Ideally you will have at least two years’ experience in at least a second line support role, with three or more of the following technology areas:
- Windows Server 2008/2012/2016
- Microsoft Exchange 2007/2010/2013/2016
- Blackberry Enterprise Server
- Citrix XenApp 6/6.5/7.x
- Microsoft Remote Desktop Services
- Microsoft Active Directory
- Microsoft Lync (Skype for Business) 2010/2013/2015
- Symantec BackupExec, CA BrightStor ARCserve
- AV - McAfee ePO, Sophos Enterprise Console, Sophos Endpoint Protection Manager
- Device Control/Encryption - PGP Universal Server, Sophos Safeguard, Symantec Endpoint Encryption, Becrypt
- Email filtering - McAfee Email Gateway, Sophos Mail Appliance, Clearswift, Mimesweeper
- Proxy - Microsoft ISA/TMG/UAG, Sophos Web appliance, Websense Enterprise/Web Security
- Systems Management: - SCCM 2007/2012/2016, WSUS
- Competent in the use of Remedy Service Desk for Incident and Change
- McAfee, Symantec and Sophos AntiVirus in an Enterprise environment (2000+ AV clients)
- VBScript, Powershell
- Microsoft Hyper-V, VMware ESX
- Microsoft Clustering
- Local attached storage – such as MSAs
- Disaster Recovery of Windows Servers
- MCP in any of the Microsoft technology areas listed above
- MCSE 2008/2012
- Citrix CCA/CCP
- VMware Certified Professional
Job role responsibilities:
Wintel Services currently supports in excess of 7000 Windows based servers throughout the UK, both internally and within a number of clients. These clients are involved in areas such as water, electricity and gas supply, building and Local Government, amongst others.
Services provided to these clients include e-Mail, File and Print Services, Terminal Services/Citrix XenApp, Directory Services, Virtualisation, Anti-Virus, Edge Security, Remote Access and Systems Management.
This is a key role that needs a reliable, resourceful person, capable of showing initiative, with appropriate skills and the ability to work both as part of a team and independently when required.
Staff are required to follow standard procedures which are regularly audited to maintain external quality standards accreditation.
For certain projects, staff will also require the appropriate level of security clearance.
You will have excellent interpersonal skills as they will be required to liaise with customers and colleagues; and the ability to work effectively under pressure.
About the company:
Our client is a global Tier 1 company involved in many leading mission critical projects. They are highly regarded within the industry and are one of the largest independent technology & business services firms in the world.
They consider employees as highly valued members of the business and offer extensive progression opportunities for those wishing to move further in their career on a local, national or global scale.