My client is a leading supplier of software and system solutions to the transport industry both in the UK and Europe. Their success is built on market-leading products, technical leadership and first-class customer support.
The company has an established and technically diverse product set which is under continual and rapid development as they seek to further strengthen their market leading position. Owing to continued success and to meet expected future growth, they are looking to strengthen our mobile and web development expertise within the established team.
They develop systems using a variety of technologies – principally C++, Java, Objective C, SQL and C#; spanning a variety of platforms – Web, Android, iOS, Windows Desktop and Server. You will have the opportunity to work in all areas of their technology stack, utilising your existing skills whilst developing any new skills you need to ensure you remain at the forefront of your profession. You will be able to take features from the early specification stage through to design and implementation.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a small but vibrant organisation where creative thinking and innovation are encouraged whilst ensuring we have a perpetual focus on quality in everything they do. The role will be based at the company headquarters in Swavesey, near Cambridge.
To be successful you should have:
- Experience developing mobile aware web applications in a commercial environment
- Microsoft stack development experience
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
- An enthusiastic approach to your work and enjoy working in a team environment.
- You have an eye for quality and take pride in your completed solutions.
- A willingness to work in all areas of our technology stack.
- A good degree in Computer Science or another relevant technical subject.
Any of the following would also be advantageous:
- Experience developing enterprise class applications in a windows environment using MFC, C++ and MS SQL Server.
- Native mobile app development on either Android or iOS
- Experience of Mobile communications and data networking.
- Experience of cross platform development tools such as Xamarin or PhoneGap.
- Microsoft Certified Professional.