An industry leader in technical event staging and part of a global exhibition and events organisatiion have several opportunities for Warehouse General Technicians to join their Operations department based from their offices in Elstree, on a permanent full time basis.
Preparation of equipment and loading & unloading to ensure the smooth running of the logistics within the warehouse. This is an ideal opportunity for someone to begin his or her career in the live events industry.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Electrical and Function testing of
- Monitors and Plasma/LED screens
- Cameras and Portable Production Units
- Video/Data switchers & Distribution
- Playback devices
- Desks (Digital and Analogue)
- Radio & Wired Microphones
- Motorola radios
- Lanterns (Moving/ LED & Analogue)
- Mains Distribution
- Control Desks
- Preparing cabling for all types of audio-visual equipment detailed above
- Loading and unloading of equipment in a timely manner
- Ensure correct and accurate receipt & dispatch of all equipment into the warehouse
- Ensuring the Company’s quality standards and procedures are met and maintained at all times.
- Report damaged or missing equipment
- Assisting with routine maintenance and repairs where needed.
- Keep the warehouse and work area are clean and tidy, empty rubbish, sweep floors, tidy shelves and racking
Skills & Attributes
- A reasonable understanding of the industry and previous experience within a warehouse environment desirable
- Good understanding of procedures, range of equipment and scope of duties.
- Keeping up to date with the latest equipment and technology
- Ability to learn and retain information within a reasonable time frame.
- Conscientious with a good eye for detail or possible errors and faults
- Capable of working to tight deadlines.
- Prepared to work additional hours when necessary at short notice
- Good communication skills and willingness to co-operate with others.
- Self-motivated and able to work under own initiative as well as part of a team.
- An understanding of the “R2” database would be advantageous, including basic IT skills.
- Methodical and keen to learn within the department and willing to keep others informed and updated.
- A good understanding of Electrical safety at work
- Portable Appliance Testing
- Safe working practices and adhere to company Health & Safety procedures
- Ability to cope well under pressure.
- Positive attitude to extra duties and new challenges.
- Ability to maintain a safe, clean and hazard-free environment.
- Ability to understand and comply with the Company’s Health and Safety Rules.
- Reliable with a good timekeeping record.
- Ability to follow and undertake safe lifting practices as instructed.
- Forklift/Reach Truck Licence
The hours are:
08:00 – 17:00
06:30 – 15:30
14:30 – 23:30
Weekends only (once every 6 weeks) 09:00 - 12:00
Weekly callout rota after hours including attendance on site within 1 hour
Paid over time
Progression and promotion is a high possibility
* Ideal candidates will have a keen interest in Audio Visual, looking to get into Events & Exhibitions or Audio Visual industry.