Warehouse Logistics Manager
£30,000 - £35,000
2 Shift Options Avaliable
7:00am - 3:30pm or 2:00 pm - 10:30pm
This is a fantastic opportunity for a candidate to join a worldwide known company to lead an out bound team of employees and co-ordinate activities to achieve business performance, through focussing on continuous improvement and promoting a culture of employee engagement.
To lead Out bound team of people and co-ordinate activities to achieve business performance; through focussing on continuous improvement and promoting a culture of employee engagement.
- To control overall warehouse operation within the shift, identify issues and opportunities for continuous improvements.
- Ensure all staff are trained to carry out their role effectively.
- Generating reports based on analytic data achieved from the warehouse process and the system work.
- Ensure health and safety standards are achieved on an ongoing basis.
- To learn, fully understand and work within the company’s core values adopting lean management principles and approach.
- Responsible for managing 40-70 Employees.
- Ensure processes have a relevant standard operating procedure.
- Lead daily team meetings
- Manage the allocation of work on a daily basis, controlling head count and overtime budgets and ensuring cost, quality and delivery targets met
- Create and maintain an employee engagement culture, encouraging involvement from all team members
- Demonstrated experience within a warehouse logistics discipline
- Excellent communication and coordination, with both internal and external stakeholders
- Experience with Microsoft Office packages
- Warehouse logistics IT system handling
- Strong organisation and time management skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Automotive background preferable but not essential.