Our client, an independent out of house veterinary clinic based in Dunfermeline, Fife, are looking for full and part time vets to join their expanding and very successful team. Offering a flexible rota they are looking for experienced staff with a can do attitude, a passion for a high standard of pet care and client service. Experience in emergency and critical care is preferred, but not essential.
Main duties and responsibilities will include:
To provide the professional services expected of a Veterinary Surgeon in dealing with emergency and critical care cases.
To work within the Veterinary Surgeons Act and RCVS Code of Professional Conduct.
To support colleagues within clinic, contributing towards excellent teamwork; working together to provide the best possible level of clinical and client care.
- Provision of triage, offering advice to clients via telephone and management of hospitalised cases.
- Provide high quality of care to patients and high quality of service to clients at all times.
- Constantly strive to improve clinical skills and case management, along with client care.
- Communicate effectively with Member Practices and Host teams to ensure the smooth running of the service.
- Offer help and advice to clients over the telephone as well as those attending the clinic. Deal with clinical cases taking into account the clinical situation and the wishes of the owner while always endeavouring to apply best practice in the interests of the pet.
- Provide clear and detailed clinical case reports for cases seen and liaise with Member Practices as required.
- Ensure appropriate documentation is accurately completed including estimates, consent forms, hospitalisation forms and anaesthetic record forms.
- Work alongside the nursing and reception team and Member and Host Practice teams.
- Attend team meetings as and when required.
- Assist other team members in their duties when necessary.
- Actively build relationships with our Member Practices through attendance at local CPD events, and communication regarding cases/inpatients etc.
- When required, conducts full clinical induction for new team members or locums, ensuring they are confident and comfortable with all appropriate clinical procedures.
- Maintain hospitalisation, consultation and public areas as well as surgical facilities in an appropriate condition for their use.
- Contribute towards maintaining drug and consumable stock.
- Charge appropriately for services and assist in preparation of invoices and collect payment (as required) at the time of treatment or patient discharge.
- Complete the documentation required to facilitate the routine administrative work involved in running the clinic.
- Actively participate in clinical governance and show evidence of reflective learning.
- RCVS registered Veterinary Surgeon. Familiarity with and willingness to comply with RCVS CoPC, particularly in relation to CPD, Clinical Governance and house visit requirements.
- At least 2 years full time experience in English speaking, predominantly small animal, practice (or equivalent, 4 years part time etc.) Ability to comfortably enter abdominal cavity and perform surgery sole charge.
- Should have experience of and be confident to perform surgeries (eg GDV, pyometra and enterotomy), interpret diagnostics (eg ultrasound and electrolytes) and perform emergency procedures such as unblocking cats and thoracocentesis.
- Demonstrable client care skills including discussing treatment plans and prognosis as well as risk / benefits of interventions and finances, showing professionalism and empathy. Computer literacy with knowledge of MS Office packages and Practice Management Systems.
- Commitment to professionalism, integrity and ethical standards. Commitment to the prioritisation of animal welfare Aligned with company values. Positive outlook with confidence and belief in own abilities.
In return you will be rewarded with a salary of £50k + 25% of salary as a bonus (£25k if part time).
Hours will be 2 nights / week and every other weekend nights. (Part time 1 night / week, 1 weekend of nights in 4 and 1 weekend of days in 2).