Vertical Cleaning Manager
London, £30-35k + benefits
We provide professional facilities management and building support services in London and the South East, servicing some of the most prestigious clients and well known buildings in the City and West End. Amongst other services, we provide vertical, horizontal and specialist cleaning services as well as the manpower and expertise to cover porterage, laundry, waste management, post room and reception cover. We aim to be the best in our sector, maintaining our already outstanding reputation for customer service, innovation, quality and operational efficiency.
Reporting to the Head of Vertical, this is a client facing position, with direct reports including Team Leaders, Window Cleaners and Abseilers - working on accounts of varying sizes within Central London. You will take responsibility and accountability for managing the delivery of the vertical cleaning service in a consistently efficient, professional and customer-focused manner.
Responsibilities will include:
- Responsible for scheduling monthly vertical tasks, specialist tasks, adhoc-tasks and mobilisation of new contracts
- Oversee the management and development of the Vertical Team to ensure efficiencies, service standards and development possibilities are maximised – this will include overseeing the provision of in-house training and development
- Ensure site safety inspections and audits on service delivery and specialist cleaning standards are conducted and all non-compliances and non-conformities removed
- Acting as a Health and Safety ambassador, taking a proactive approach to Health and Safety Management including responsibility for all Health and Safety planning, including RAMS, COSHH, PPE and Health and Safety Plans
- Provide regular reports and attend planned meetings with client representatives to ensure service delivery satisfaction
- Adhere to budgets, regularly reporting to stakeholders
- Identify any cost saving opportunities and service delivery innovations
- Accurate, timely timesheet submissions to HR/payroll
- Where necessary, to provide out of hours support to ensure service delivery standards are met
- Minimum 2 years experience working in a managerial role in either the window cleaning industry or the broader cleaning/soft services sector
- IOSH or similar qualification – preferred but not essential
- Ability to work at height is essential
- Confident challenging policies where improvement opportunities exist
- Confident decision maker and a quality driven leader of people, systems and service
- IT literate - good MS Office skills
Pay & Benefits:
Salary, NEST pension, Monthly Travelcard Zones 1-2, 28 days annual leave, and additional employee scheme and incentives (childcare vouchers, cycle to work, employee discounts, health club etc…)
The applications process: Applications in writing to our Embedded Recruitment Partner who works exclusively for this employer.