Job Type- Permanent Role, 37.5 hours per week
Client- Software Development Consultancy
We are looking for a talented UX Designer to join our growing design team. We enjoy working on projects that make positive contribution to society. We design websites, web apps and mobile apps for health, sciences, engineering and social care. Our design team works across the company with multiple development teams. One of our design principles is that we meet users early and often.
Your work will involve: Attending client meetings, running UX workshops, running user research sessions (such as contextual research, stakeholder workshops, user interviews, usability testing), designing user journeys and user interfaces (wireframes and clickable prototypes) through to production visual design.
- you are passionate about design, like to advocate good design and have great attention to detail
- you are a motivated individual, full of ideas, eager to learn and share with colleagues
- a portfolio that demonstrates your experience in interaction design, your design thinking and attention to detail
- excellent communication skills and experience working in multidisciplinary teams and with clients
Desirable experience and skills:
- 3+ years of industry experience
- great conceptual thinking and problem-solving skills
- great visual design skills (including grid systems and typography)
- experience of designing for multiple platforms, such as web, mobile and responsive design
- proficiency with design and prototyping tools (such as Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator, Axure, Invision)
- experience in creating wireframes and clickable prototypes
- good knowledge of current web design trends
- good knowledge of front-end development including HTML, CSS, JS (not necessarily to production standard, but with a good understanding of technical requirements and limitations)
- A Bachelor’s degree in Design (eg, interaction, graphic, visual communications, product, industrial), Human-Computer Interaction, or a related discipline.
Due to the nature of our work with local government clients, please note that we request a DBS check as part of our recruitment process.