Are you ambitious and looking to demonstrate your excellence in a dynamic environment?
My Water client are looking for the right individuals to help deliver world class service and performance for their customers, on a long-term Ministry of Defence contract.
They are a private utilities company providing water and wastewater services to 1000+ MoD establishments across England and Wales under a 25-year private finance initiative agreement. Our operations are run from eight base locations across the contract area, with a head office in South Yorkshire. With ambitious plans to grow into an expanding marketplace, we are looking for individuals with the skills and enthusiasm to join our progressive team.
We are currently looking for a Utilities Cost Manager to complete the following responsibilities:
Closely manage the performance of client and other supply chain partners to optimise Self Supply benefits and control AWS costs.
Develop, implement and maintain an accurate SU Forecasting Model to manage and develop models and reports to accurately predict costing scenarios based on SU tariffs.
Work closely with the Consumption and Billing team, IT and supply chain partners to ensure self-supply supports production of the Quarterly Consumption Report as well as other supporting information required by DIO.
Optimise DIO electricity costs through better understanding and modelling.
- Develop strategies, methodologies, models and procedures to accurately manage SUCs water volumes and costs, as well as Consumption volumes and Revenue in accordance with the agreed Measurement Arrangements and contractual guideline
- Develop strategies, methodologies, models and procedures to accurately manage DIO electricity volumes and costs in accordance with contractual requirements
- Responsible for the development, implementation and maintenance of Billing System
- Produce and develop relevant monthly Board information and papers to accurately report all SUC related datasets including forecast, Business Plan and actual costs and variance reporting
- Provide quality assurance, improve auditability and information control
- Actively manage the relationship with client and other related supply chain partners
- Proactively work with supply chain partners to further reduce water utility expenditure
- Where required, own the relationship with Statutory Undertakers and negotiate added value services
- Proactively represent AWS on key customer groups such as the Consumer Council for Water and Ofwat
- Manage the development of Statutory Undertaker and Consumption models to forecast SUC and use in current and future years (including PR19) in a timely and accurate manner
- Identify risks and opportunities to maximise the profitability of SUCs
- Responsible for ensuring client and other supply chain partners pay Sus accurately and in a timely manner
- Responsible for ensuring the data needs of the busi9ness are identified, supported and delivered to facilities strict reporting deadlines
- Support business development programmes
- Contribute to the AWS Defence business through the implementation of the AWD Defence vision, strategy and annual business plans
- Role model health and safety behaviour and contribute to the creation of a health and safety culture across the AWS Defence business
- Actively contribute to KWS Defence through support to management and leadership events
- Commercial management responsibility for client and other supply chain partners
- Responsible for managing exposure to data related Performance Events
- Responsible for monitoring, reporting and forecasting of the Statutory Undertakers Costs as well as savings
- Responsible for providing datasets and reports for production of the Quarterly and Monthly Consumption Report
- Responsible for short and long term SUC forecasting
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Strategic thinking, the ability to create and implement long term plans
- Commercial focus, the ability to add value, a commercial mindset and the ability to develop this within others
- Analytical thinking coupled with the ability to innovate and adapt
- Relationship skills, the ability to build relationships at all levels and establish credibility with the Client, Regulators and supply chain partners
- Leadership, the ability to deliver results yourself as well as through others
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written, the ability to convey information effectively to the business
- Organisational skills, the ability to consistently deliver targets to agreed deadlines
- Self-starter/self-reliant, the ability to work on own initiative
- Takes/seeks responsibility and takes ownership, comfortable with accountability
- Excellent IT skills particularly the use of Microsoft Excel
- Creative and imaginative, to think differently
- Professional and credible
- A team player, supports colleagues and works with others to achieve the best outcome
- Experience with the MoD, Regulators, SUs
- Water industry knowledge and experience
Attitude and Behaviours:
- Clearly demonstrates organisational values: Respect/ Responsibility/ Resourcefulness/ Teamwork