Our NYC based client is looking for an experienced Unreal Developer to work on an exciting new game
Day to Day:
- Design and implement gameplay/UI features within an established framework.
- Designing and creating technical specifications for major gameplay features and systems.
- Design and implement modifications, reorganizations, extensions, and optimizations to existing code base.
- Work closely with designers and artists to implement their ideas, providing technical, creative, and scheduling feedback.
- Working collaboratively with the team to ensure that UI meets aesthetic and functional requirements.
- Actively maintain skill-set and knowledge base by keeping track of the latest innovations from the industry.
- Using strong critical thinking to problem solve and debug programs.
- Ensuring that the gameplay is consistent and functions at all times.
To do the Day to Day you need:
- Passionate about making great games.
- 5+ years experience within the games industry.
- 2+ years of professional Unreal experience, preferably in a team environment.
- 2+ years of C/C++ systems programming experience in the games industry.
- Experience with programming applications in UE4.
- Experience in object-oriented design and programming.
- Ability to test, debug and extend existing code competently.
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills in English and Spanish (Desirable)
Nice to Haves:
- Experience with Networking in UE4 is a BIG plus.
- Experience in Backend programming.
- Good instincts for game design and fun and innovative gameplay.
- Experience working with live deployed environments, Linux preferred.
- Experience with Perforce and JIRA.
- Experience creating online multiplayer games.
- Demonstrates strong mathematical skills.