|Job Title:||Trust Accountant|
|Location:||South West London|
|Salary:||61000 - 70000|
|Contact Name:||Sean Smith|
|Job Published:||16 days ago|
|TEAM Member Emailfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|TEAM Member Phone Number||0208 246 4877|
|Member Contact||Sean Smith|
|Contact Phone Number||0208 246 4877|
|Approximate Total Fee:|
|Split Fee Terms:|
Prestigious Law firm have a new requirement for a Trust Accountant to join the Private Client Group. This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced trust practitioner to join the existing trust manager and team.
The Trust Administration team is part of the well-established and top level Private Client Group.
The team’s primary role is in managing over 100 trusts and funds on a daily basis. There is a wide variety of involvement, including with property and share portfolios, discretionary, life interest and personal injury trusts and family wealth management.
The work is predominantly accounting-based, but also includes general tax and accounting advice on probate, administration of estates and Court of Protection matters within the Private Client Group to ensure a complete service to clients.
The successful candidate must have a good all-round knowledge of UK trusts, a reasonable understanding of the firm’s values and culture, and be keen to raise the profile of the team.
Responsibilities & duties
• Taking independent control of client relationships for a share of the trusts within the team. This will include preparation of annual trust accounts, Trust Tax Returns and beneficiary income statements and liaising with the clients and beneficiaries
• Supervising the day-to-day transactions dealt with by other trust team members
• Supporting the board of directors by way of reporting on the trusts where we are the trustee.
• Preparing income, capital gains and inheritance tax returns for trusts
• Assisting fee-earners in the wider Private Client Group with their preparation of estate accounts and tax returns
• Receiving requests for advice from current and potential clients and deciding on the most appropriate responses to make to these requests
Qualifications & experience
• We are looking for a candidate who is qualified of a relevant professional accounting or tax body, and is a STEP member
• At least 8 years’ experience in a practical accountancy background
• Income, Gains and Inheritance Tax experience
• Highly IT literate, with good working knowledge of Excel & Word and previous experience using CCH Trust Accounts and CCH Personal Tax or similar software.
Motivation & competencies
• Evidence of interest in, and commitment to, the success of the firm. Relevant experience within a professional services firm would be desirable
• Excellent communication both written and verbal - the role involves liaison with internal and external people at a senior level
• A self-starter, able to demonstrate high levels of initiative and motivation, but also work closely with other team members and displaying trust and loyalty
• Ability to manage assigned tasks in an assertive, efficient and timely manner
• Good interpersonal skills, demonstrating professionalism in all dealings.
• Excellent attention to detail and a positive professional attitude
• Must be able to multitask and keep calm under pressure
• The flexibility to work outside normal office hours as may be required from time to time
Salary £60,000 to £70,000
Benefits: 25 Days holiday, pension, healthcare and cycle to work scheme