**OUR CLIENT HAS ASKED NOT TO DISPLAY SALARIES ON ANY JOB BOARDS**
Our client based in Towcester is looking for a full time Trainee PCB Design Engineer to join their team. The primary role will be to work with experienced engineers to develop the skills and knowledge needed to become a core member of the PCB Design Engineering team.
Duties include (list not exhaustive):-
- Design leading edge PCBs for Electronic assemblies used in the Defence arena.
- Perform basic signal and power integrity analysis on designs
- Participate in design reviews and provide feedback
- Ensure PCB designs meet quality and design criteria
- Work closely with hardware & manufacturing engineers to ensure design is optimised
- Work in dynamic team development environment, using agile methodologies
- Collaborate with other team members who each have complementary skills
- Use network to pull together experts as and when required to support customers
- Operate with initiative and appropriate guidance to produce products that meet both customer and business needs
- Achieve high quality standards and adhering to best practices and agreed procedures
- Communicate development status appropriately to team and all stakeholders in a timely and professional fashion
- Generate documentation and reports
- Participate in continuous improvement initiatives (processes, tools, project management)
The ideal candidate will have a BTEC Diploma or Certificate in Engineering plus two A Levels in appropriate subjects. Basic knowledge of electronics is required and experience with the “Mentor Graphics VX” tool set is desired but not essential.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a company that delivers high performance rugged embedded computing solutions, based on industry standards and open architectures, to mission-critical applications in defence, aerospace and industry around the world.