Tooling Engineer, Heavy Industrial Manufacturing
Up to £40k + benefits, Hereford
The tooling engineer will supervise, direct and co-ordinates all tooling activities and requirements of the department, ensuring that Key Performance Indicators of Safety, Quality, Productivity and Cost are met.
You will be working closely with Production, supervisors, engineers and planners, so good technical and communication skills will be required.
- Ideally degree qualified or previous experience supported by relevant NVQ
- Previous experience in tool management
- Results driven, with a focus on continuous improvement
- Good technical, interpersonal and communication skills
- Day to day management and control of all tooling and assemblies including dies and mandrels
- Assisting with the development of short and medium term tooling plans in line with order demands and company objectives
- The continuous improvement of tooling through the design and selection of solutions to enhance overall performance, increase tooling life and reduce costs
- Ensuring that tools are processed and prepared to adequate quality standards and inspection testing procedures
- Ensuring machines are operated to optimum capability, utilizing lean methods such as OEE, maximising machine availability and monitoring maintenance requirements
- Assist production supervisors in day to day departmental issues; allocating work through team leaders and monitoring team and operator performance
- Maintaining effective communication with all levels in the Production area and other business function
PACKAGE: Salary Up to £40,000+ pension scheme, life insurance, quarterly bonuses, healthcare. Employer of choice with outstanding prospects.