Do you have previous experience working as a Test Engineer? This role is initially a 6 month contracted position. You will be responsible for analysing stock of non-functioning PCB stock, using the appropriate Engineering tools to determine what of this stock can be returned to suppliers, fixed or are beyond repair.
- Confirm reported failures of all PCB stock in Test department.
- Provide to R&D and to the Warranty team, in-depth analysis of board failure codes and root causes to help install preventative measures at the suppliers.
- Produce monthly data showing what stock has been returned to supplier, been fixed and put back to stock and what stock has been written off.
- Show a reduction in the non-functioning stock month on month until the stock is at zero by the end of the contract period.
Skills & Experience:
- A proven track record in working as a Test Engineer with ability to fault find to component level and work on their own.
- Good PC skills and presentation of data.
- Able to fault find to component level on both analogue and digital circuits.
- Good PC skills to produce necessary analytical data.
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
- Able to work on PCB schematics.
- Preferred working experience of ERP system / operations.