Joining a newly established Telesales unit based in Basingstoke, this role will take the responsibility of leading and managing the team to achieve set objectives to support new client acquisition. This important position underpins the sales function driving client meetings and conversations with the objective of growing the overall client base.
Duties will include:
- Managing the telesales function to deliver high activity levels with significant phone time (approximately 150 calls per person per day) with high levels of decision maker contact and lead generation for the of New Business team.
- Ongoing Training and development of Telesales executives to deliver industry leading processes and standards.
- The ability to drive the productivity of the team by setting regular targets and goals in order to keep the teams activity at a high level
- The capability to review the process and reports in order to maximize the efficiency, and always looking to improve the way the team works to maximize results.
- Contribute to the long term strategy and development of the Telesales team.
- Ensuring all telesales activity, and all relevant information collated is recorded accurately and in a timely manner on the company CRM system.
- Ensuring effective journey planning and time management for setting of appointments in New Business team’s calendars.
- Liaising directly with the Senior Management to identify and target new opportunities
The employee will also demonstrate:
- Experience of leading a Telesales team or a senior position within such a team
- This role would be expected to manage the Telesales personnel and make changes if required in order to reach objectives
- Ability to plan and deliver telesales training and ongoing support
- Provide ideas of how this team should be managed and incentivised to meet KPI’s
- Knowledge and understanding of the competitor landscape
- Willing to challenge the status quo and constantly seek out opportunities to ‘raise the bar’
- Driven and determined
- A self-starter who is proactive and creative
- Must possess a thorough understanding of quality client service
- Have a hunger for meeting all call and appointment targets
- Be confident and engaging on the phone, be a good listener and help customers understand the offering
- Have the ability to work under pressure
- Be organized and able to work in a methodical and documented manner
- Have good communication and interpersonal skills and ability to work well within a team
- Must be flexible, dependable, and able to multitask with priority and to deadlines
Experience and Skill:
- Track record in successful B2B telesales
- Leadership/Management experience
- Experience of developing a telesales/sales team
- CRM competent