Our client, based on the outskirts of Basingstoke, is recruiting for an experienced Technical Trainer to join them on a permanent basis. Reporting into the Head of HR, you will be devising and delivering cost effective technical training to enable employees to make a full contribution to the achievement of Company objectives. Ideally, you will have some knowledge of lean manufacturing and have passion, drive and enthusiasm and able to convey this in an engaging way to others. Starts ASAP.
* Identify competencies that reflect the core values for each role/level within the site, conduct assessments and deliver a plan to fill the gaps in order to raise capability, both technical and leadership
* Responsible for designing and ensuring the delivery of the site training plan, working with key stakeholders
* Driving continuous improvement activity and coaching employees on this
* Develop internal trainers within each location to teach skills and cascade information, for example problem solving and standardised work)
* Provide first class technical and orientation training. Liaise with Managers, Supervisors and individuals in order to analyse and clarify training needs and then design the appropriate training to meet these needs.
* Work with subject matter experts to generate and maintain technical workbooks for all operational roles within the company, to include individual competency specifications, theory and practical examinations
* Ensure that training is provided to give the company the flexibility to deliver its targets, allowing resources to be deployed across processes where the business needs them.
* Monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of training activities against objectives so that continuous improvement of training occurs in instructors, course content, delivery method and duration of course. This will include course evaluation by participant, pre and post test, observation of participant behaviours post training and return on investment, as appropriate
* Own and monitor the training budget and maintain detailed, accurate records of expenditure. Review and implement cost savings and challenge expenditure where appropriate; process and approve all expenses allocated to the training budget
* Oversee training activities elsewhere on site by liaising regularly with the EHS advisors, HR & Engineering administrators to ensure training standards are maintained, KPI’s and budget are met and the training falls within the overall learning and development strategy for the site
* Oversee the apprenticeship programme in production, including sourcing training providers, ensuring all elements of the frameworks are being met, acting as a point of contact, coach and mentor for apprentices whilst they are in the training programme
* Design and deliver safety courses
* Facilitate assessment centres for recruitment
* Support Project Engineering in delivering essential training for operators where new equipment/processes are installed, ensuring all training material is compliant
* Experience of working as a professional technical/product trainer to individuals and groups within a blue chip, manufacturing company
* Ability to understand complex and technical processes
* Experience of apprenticeship frameworks
* Experience of leadership and management role
* Educated to degree level (in relevant subject area ideally)
* A Learning and Development professional qualification – CIPD or equivalent
* Self motivated with the ability to work under pressure and prioritise to strict timescales
* Excellent organisational skills with the ability to plan proactively to ensure that projects are delivered on time and in full
* Ability to make decisions using own initiative
* Can actively participate in problem solving within a team and has the ability to suggest solutions to issues outside of the department.
* Ability to drive changes to improve the organisation and coach others to adapt
* A flexible approach and able to adapt approach accordingly
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills and able to build and maintain positive relationships with all stakeholders
* Well-developed influencing and negotiation skills, including the ability to adapt style to meet different situations
* Experienced in using generic or ad hoc methods, in an orderly manner, for finding solutions to problems
* Ability to lead from the front, delegate where necessary and show a positive attitude.
* Have passion, drive and enthusiasm and able to convey this in an engaging way to others with the ability to inspire
* Have an ability to see the bigger picture and understand how organisational objectives affect the site.
* 35 – 45k pa
* 37.5 hour week, Monday to Thursday 8.30pm – 5.00pm and Friday 8.30pm – 4.00pm
* 26 days holiday
* Life assurance 4 x salary
* Double match pension scheme
* Free parking
* Close to transport links