THIS IS A CONTRACT ROLE FOR 6 MONTHS
Role Title: Technical Tester, 405925
Role Type: CONTRACT
Role location: Titchfield
Maximum Hourly Rate: £27/ hour
Fixed Margin: £4.80/ hour
Split: 65% to you & 35% to us
IR35 Status: In Scope
Clearance: Basic DBS (not needed at submission stage)
Duration of engagement: 6 months
CV’s due back: Monday, 12/08/19 11 am
We need a Software Engineer to work on such diverse projects as developing products delivering technical capability for field operations, to products delivering our online data collection service. You'll be working collaboratively within a fully agile multidisciplinary team, in a digital by default environment that puts user needs at the heart of everything we do. You'll be designing, creating, supporting and improving new and existing digital products and platforms. You'll evaluate and implement new tools and techniques to improve productivity and quality measurement. You'll also be a practitioner in GDS Digital Service Standards and Agile delivery principles.
We are driving transformation change through new technologies and ways of working in a modern, technically focused, data-driven organisation. We're offering the opportunity to work on the latest scalable digital technologies, to ensure this incredibly high-profile project meets the needs of the widely diverse user groups.
TYPICAL ROLE RESPONSIBILITIES
Role responsibilities include but aren't limited to:
• designing software products to serve a variety of user needs, and enhancing existing software products to meet evolving user needs
• supporting a continuous delivery environment, using effective delivery and deployment techniques
• maintaining and supporting services, identifying, locating and competently fixing faults, and taking pro-active actions to avoid service disruption
• sharing knowledge of tools and techniques; identifying and sharing good practice and collaborating to improve the capability of the team
You'll be a practitioner in:
• service-oriented architectures and micro-services
• multiple (two or more) languages, with a proven ability to select and apply them appropriately, taking into account accessibility and reusability
• the creation and management of continuous integration, delivery and deployment pipelines, and proposing improvements to existing pipelines
• multiple test techniques, informing test approaches, ensuring consideration of non-functional requirements such as performance, security and accessibility
• circumventing the need for operational tasks and liaising with other teams to improve operational efficiency.
We're looking for you if you have experience of Java and Python, as well as Selenium and Cucumber. If you have the languages but not the testing, please still apply.