Technical Support / IT Support
What our people say:- “I like Mondays” - “I feel valued” - “I’m part of an amazing team” – “I love my job”. If you want to be part of this, please read on……
With us, job satisfaction is VERY high and staff turnover is exceptionally low. We are an award winning employer where people come first, the customer is truly valued, and we are all pulling together to make IT work.
We are looking for additional IT support professionals, with great customer liaison skills as well as technical knowhow. You will need to have good communication skills and be comfortable liaising with clients at all levels whilst delivering exceptional customer service.
You will be responsible for:-
- Managing and supporting client Servers and Network equipment
- Building and configuration of new solutions for SME businesses
- Installations at client offices (occasional travel around Surrey, Hampshire, Berkshire, easy commute of our HQ in Camberley – pool car provided)
- Troubleshooting issues with technologies such as:
- Connectivity – Routers, VPNs, Firewall rules
- Networks – VLANS, Managed Switches, Performance bottlenecks
- Servers – RAID, Virtualisation – inc P-to-V, Exchange, SQL
- Backups – configuration, data recovery
Essential Skills & Experience:
- An engaging, up-beat personality and a genuine team player
- Experience diagnosing, repairing and solving hardware/software, server and network related issues
- Previous experience in a customer facing role
- Ability to explain information in an appropriate manner to clients of differing technical knowledge
- Able to quickly learn new skills in a fast-paced environment
- A keen interest in new technologies
- Accuracy and attention to detail, and a desire to ensure the highest standards are maintained
- Ability to schedule tasks, meet deadlines, work unsupervised and set/follow procedures
- Full Driving License
Desirable technical knowledge (whilst we don’t expect you to be an expert in all of this…..):
- Windows Server 2008, and Windows Server 2012, including Active Directory, File Permissions, DHCP/DNS services, Backup & Recovery and Group Policy
- Microsoft Exchange 2003/2007/2010/Office365 and their related client devices
- Microsoft SQL, IIS, SharePoint, RDS, Citrix and other server-related solutions
- Virtualisation solutions such as VMWare and Hyper-V
- Networking principles such as VLANs and VPNs would be desirable.
- Education to at least A-Level standard with formal IT qualifications (MCSE, MCITP, CCNA etc).
This role would suit candidates looking to take the next step in their IT career. Opportunities to develop into areas of Solution Architecture, Project Management and/or Technical Account Management will be possible for the successful candidates.
Office hours are Monday to Friday, 9 – 5.30pm. Occasional overtime and out of hours work will be required. Salary c32k (negotiable upwards dependent upon experience), gym membership, pension, 25 days leave plus bank and statutory holidays and more…… Applications in writing ONLY to our exclusive and retained executive search consultant. No agencies please.