Job Title- Technical Support Consultant
Job Type-Full time, permanent
Hours- 37.5 hours per week (Monday to Friday, 9 am-5 pm)
Salary-£20K-£30K plus excellent benefits (depending on experience)
About the role:
First and second line support – The main part of the role involves dealing with support requests submitted by our customers to do with our suite of products. These issues range from application functionality issues, investigating potential bugs or performing investigations so the customer can get the most out of the software. You can expect to always be busy and being challenged technically - no two days are the same!
Upgrades and patches – We also get involved with assisting our clients and OCC implementation managers by performing upgrades and applying patches to client systems. This involves running database scripts and configuring different components and requires great attention to detail.
User testing – New versions of our software are released every month and to ensure we can continue to support our customers in using the software we have to make sure we can use it ourselves! Apart from using the new releases yourself this may include visits to customer sites to demonstrate new features and to assist with customer testing.
- Experience in application support. A large part of the role is providing guidance to customers on how to use our software.
- Able to write queries in SQL for Microsoft SQL Server. Our products are data-heavy systems so the successful candidate will have to be comfortable with SQL.
- Technical troubleshooting skills. Problems usually require further investigation and troubleshooting to understand the cause so the solution can be provided. The successful candidate will need to be comfortable with troubleshooting technical issues.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills. The successful candidate will be working directly with clients, other support team members and developers.
- Experience reviewing or writing technical documentation. Acting as the party between customers and developers, the successful candidate will need to be able to review technical documentation and communicate
Desirable experience and skills:
- Educated to degree level.
- Experience with reporting tools (eg. Microsoft Access, Business Objects or SQL Reporting Services). We offer several solutions to allow customers to report on our data so experience in one or more of these is desirable. Experience in equivalent reporting system also considered.
- Able to use advanced formatting in Microsoft Word to perform mail merges.Our products allow customers to use Word to create documents utilizing Word mail merge, so experience of doing this would be positive.
- Knowledge of Local Government contracts and finance management systems. As the products we support are related to Local Government, any prior knowledge of this sector will be a plus.
Due to the nature of our work with local government clients, please note that we request a DBS check as part of our recruitment process.