Reporting to the Technical Director you will be responsible for the management of the quality system in line with the BRC Global Standard for Food and customer specific standards.
Implementation and maintenance of the Food Safety Plan based on a HACCP system to include compliance with relevant legislation ensuring production of safe and legal product.
- Managing the day to day activities of the Technical Department.
- Responsible for the management and co-ordination of the quality system in line with the BRC Global Standard for Food and customer specific standards including generation of associated paperwork.
- Ensure the Company is accredited to BRC at Grade A standard.
- Implementation and maintenance of the site HACCP plan.
- Administration and follow-up of customer complaints in line with procedures and determining appropriate corrective actions on site.
- Management of the internal auditing schedule for the site. This includes ensuring that relevant internal audits are carried out to a specific timescale with appropriate corrective actions. The area of auditing also includes glass audits and the calibration of monitoring and measuring equipment across site.
- To carry out full site audits of suppliers in line with BRC Global Standard for Food with follow up reports and non-conformances.
- Prepare and engage with external/third party audits and the co-ordination and implementation of any corrective actions arising.
- Actively manage the introduction of new products to the site
- Responsible for the site HACCP activities, micro analysis, shelf life analysis.
- Manage, motivate, coach and develop the Quality Assurance team.
- Conduct regular Performance Appraisals of your team.
Key Skills and Compentencies
- Educated to at least HND level or equivalent work based qualification.
- Proven previous Technical management experience.
- Previous experience within the food industry.
- Ability to demonstrate high levels of literacy and numeracy
- Excellent time management skills and ability to prioritise tasks.
- Ability to demonstrate management and development of teams and people.
- Practical knowledge of BRC Global Standard and/or ISO Quality Systems.
- Knowledge and experience of HACCP/Auditing.