Technical Service Manager - Worcester - £35k + Bonus and Benefits - VR/21948
The Company and Role:
Our Client, a manufacturer of heating products and renewable energy sources, is looking for a Technical Service Manager to join their team in Worcester.
The role will be office based with some remote visits to sites and customers etc. You will be required to look after the day to day after-sales support which involves running the technical service help desk giving assistance to engineers, customers and colleagues, identifying and solving issues whilst providing manuals, part numbers and advice to ensure a high standard of service.
Technical Service Manager duties include:
· Run the technical and service help desk by telephone and email
· Book in Service and commissioning calls with the external service agents
· First line technical support to both external and internal staff
· Management and maintenance of returns and warranties
· Visit to sites and customers
Skills required from Technical Service Manager:
· Practical and technical knowledge of forced draught pressure jet burners
· Hands on experience and understanding of the operation of a forced draught burner, Gas, oil and dual fuel and diagnose faults.
· Ability to read wiring diagrams and technical manuals.
· Gas safe and or Oftec registered would be a distinct advantage, although this is not essential
· Proven experience within a role managing multiple priorities.
· Able to offer good service management and training to customers
· Good communication skills; will be dealing with colleagues (some based in Europe), homeowner’s, engineers and customers alike.
· Able to demonstrate a commitment to good occupational health, safety and welfare practice by raising issues and identifying/reporting all hazards, obeying reasonable instruction given in relation to health and safety, and complying with the companies policies and procedures.
The successful Technical Service Manager will receive a competitive salary package in the region of £35k + bonus and company car/allowance, as well as pension contributions and other benefits.