Dovetail Recruitment are pleased to be working with a very successful Poole based construction company in looking for a Technical Design Engineer.
The purpose of the job is to develop an in depth understanding of the technical aspects of the company’s products and services including contribution to the future development of technical products, resources and services.
Key Responsibilities and Accountability of the Technical Design Engineer:
- Dealing with technical and design queries from Client, Engineers and Architects both through telecommunication, email and face to face meetings (as necessary), using existing company knowledge resources or undertaking appropriate research to address any knowledge gaps.
- Preparation of composite calculations in accordance with relevant legislation and accreditations and/or Eurocode 4 (where applicable) to assist all stages of contracts including Concept, Tender and Ongoing Contracts.
- Taking an active role in the development of Technical Resources developed by the company for the use of Clients and Specifiers. Including assisting with production and format of Technical Literature, Design Tables and Programming of the company software ElementsTM.
- Assisting Technical Director and Technical Sales Team with CPD presentations to Clients, Architects and Engineers to promote the company products and broaden the knowledge of other stakeholders in the design process.
- Involvement in future product and technical process research and development, including desk study, FE analysis using ANSYS, BIM Strategy, Involvement with physical testing and programming of Excel spreadsheets to determine or access results as appropriate.
- If required, assist drawing office with preparation of arrangement drawings and material schedules for manufacture.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with Clients, co-workers and managers.
- Maintain regular consistence and professional attendance, punctuality, personal appearance, and always adherence to relevant CDM and Health & Safety procedures.
- Pursue personal development of skills and knowledge necessary for the effective performance of the role.
- Comply with specific & general requirements of all Company policies, including, but not limited to the Health & Safety, Environmental, Equal Opportunities, Ethical Trading and Sustainability Policies.
The successful Technical Sales Engineer will have:
- HNC in Civil Engineering Studies or equivalent.
- Grade A-C or A-Level Maths and English
- IT literacy in Microsoft Office, FileMaker & AutoCAD.
- Experience of VB.Net computer programming would be an advantage
- Qualities need to include being self-directed, the ability to work independently, and being highly-motivated.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills including presentation face to face.
- Ability to identify and define problems, collate data, establish facts and propose and implement solutions.
- Extensive product and relevant industry knowledge related to the core activities of the business.
- Strong organisational skills including project related paperwork, project management and time management.
The Technical Sales Engineer will receive:
- Salary: £23,000 - £30,000