Our client is a leading firm of Chartered Accountants and Business Advisers who provide a first-class experience in delivering a full range of accountancy services. They have been established since 1989 and not only do they support their clients with a full range of accountancy services, they also identify ways to cut costs and reduce taxation by gaining an understanding of their clients’ businesses.
The firm specialises in the Cheshire and North Wales region and they have clients in most business sectors ranging from long-established firms in traditional sectors to new-start businesses in the new economy. Their breadth of experience gives their clients the competitive edge so vital in today’s markets.
They currently have an exciting opportunity for a Tax Manager to take responsibility for delivering a full range of tax services to a wide variety of clients, whilst working closely with the wider Accounts Team within the busy accountancy practice environment.
You will be employed on a permanent contract working Monday to Friday 9:00am to 5:30pm and will receive an attractive salary above the industry average, along with a range of additional benefits such as 22 days annual leave (plus bank holidays) and the opportunity to participate in regular social, sporting and fundraising events.
You’ll be based in the heart of Chester city centre with perks including your own car parking space and the convenience of having shops, theatres and leisurely walks within easy access for down-time.
As the Tax Manager, your duties will include (although not be limited to):
- Preparing, reviewing and submitting personal and corporate tax returns
- Reviewing and submitting P11Ds
- Carrying out tax planning activities to ensure tax efficiency
- Preparing Research and Development reports
- Calculating Patent Box claims
- Resolving client and HMRC queries/issues
- Ensuring statutory submissions ae processed before HMBC deadlines.
Key Skills & Experience:
- Be qualified to CTA standard with experience of working within a professional practice
Knowledge of accountancy and taxation software packages (such as IRIS, Xero, Sage and QuickBooks).