A new, exciting opportunity has come up for an experienced Tableau Designer and Developer for a client who provides trusted commercial intelligence for the pharmaceutical and medical device industries.
The successful candidate will join a dynamic team and take ownership of creating premium visualisations to enable clients to better access insights from our client's commercially and clinically orientated data and analytics. They will work with the internal team on projects related to both new andexisting products to build visually appealing, fast and scalable visualisations.
The Tableau visualisations are typically embedded into a client-facing website, with the data prototyping and modelling carried out in Alteryx before being productionised by the engineering team.
- Work on new and existing projects/products, creating dashboards, reports, etc. using Tableau desktop
- Design and develop ETL workflows and datasets in Alteryx (or equivalent), performing end to end data validation
- Prepare data for Tableau within Alteryx or equivalent
- Work with business stakeholders (predominantly product development team) to gather requirements, develop dashboards, and ensure validity of results
- Manipulate large datasets, write queries, and design data extracts for Tableau products
- Documentation and change control
- Mentor less experienced product developers in Tableau and Alteryx
- Extensive experience in developing, maintaining and managing Tableau driven dashboards and analytics with a working knowledge of Tableau administration/architecture
- 2+ years’ experience in Tableau - Tableau Desktop Qualified Associate or similar
- 2+ years’ experience using Alteryx Designer or equivalent ETL tool
- Excellent data visualisation design skills
- Large data-set analysis experience/analysing data structures
- Alteryx core certified
- Interest in the healthcare industry and machine learning
- Strong mathematics background
- Experience in using of Jira boards (Kanban) for project management
- Hands on experience working with SQL to help extract and manipulate data
- Experience of data modelling (dimensional & relational)
- Managing Tableau extracts on Tableau Server
- Tableau Desktop Certified Associate Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, both verbal and written
- Experience of working on several different projects/tasks concurrently
- Excellent problem-solving, analytical and prioritisation skills
- Ability to take initiative and come up with innovative solutions
- Ability to prioritise workload and manage own time
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with strict deadlines
The successful candidate would need to be able to evidence their experience by a robust Tableau Public portfolio, or a portfolio they can share ahead of the interview stage.