Systems Safety Engineer
To £55K plus extensive benefits package
Birmingham/Bridgend/Reading/Bristol/Edinburgh/Luton/Milton Keynes/Leatherhead/London. A degree of mobility across several sites is also required.
Essential experience required:
Our client is looking for a team member who can confidently provide System Safety expertise to safety related bids and projects, Safety Management advice, both technical and administrative and the development of Safety Engineering artefacts such as Safety Management Plans, Hazard Logs, Safety Case and Safety Case Reports. You will be comfortable demonstrating the following skills:
- Experience in a similar role
- The ability to communicate safety issues effectively to stakeholders
- Formal safety requirements and standards (e.g. IEC 61508, DO-178B/C, DefStan 00-56 or DCB0129)
- A familiarity with hazard identification and analysis techniques
- An understanding of safety risk assessment, safety Case production and management, Legal and Regulatory environments
- Application of System Safety Engineering techniques in IT systems, either by design experience or in a Safety Engineering role
- An understanding of the issues when using commercial software (COTS) in safety-related applications is essential for this role
- •Knowledge of commercial issues and constraints, NHS safety standard DCB0129, Safety Auditing and Software Engineering would be highly beneficial
Job role responsibilities:
Your remit will see you supporting bid safety risk assessment, development, maintenance and implementation of System Safety assurance processes documented in Safety Management Plans. This will naturally be based on appropriate standards. You will also conduct System Safety analysis of our clients supply scope to determine risks and mitigation strategies and prepare and manage System Safety Cases for multiple projects. This role will see you working across Health, Local, Payroll, Oil & Gas, Manufacturing, Retail and Distribution Industries.
About the company:
Our client is a global Tier 1 company involved in many leading mission critical projects. They are highly regarded within the industry and are one of the largest independent technology & business services firms in the world.
They consider employees as highly valued members of the business and offer extensive progression opportunities for those wishing to move further in their career on a local, national or global scale.