This is an excellent opportunity to join the Service and Support Team of a world class Midlands-based Inventory Management Systems manufacturer. Due to their continued growth, they are now looking to add to their Service and Support Team, and are recruiting for a Service Engineer. Working as part of a growing team within a mid-sized organisation, responsible for an ever-broadening customer base. Supporting installation projects of varying scale; from single systems to site wide solutions as well as office based, global customer support.
- To carry out the delivery and installation of bespoke Inventory Managements Systems
- To learn & support the full product range including some software support
- Carry out onsite repairs and the repositioning of systems in a variety of environments
- Conduct occasional technical training sessions
- Maintenance of the Ticket Logging System
- Process and repair customer returns
- Support the Production Team
- Support the Research and Development Team
- Liaise with customers for the installation of the systems
- Logical thinker, adaptable to change, used to working in demanding environments
- Being able to work as part of a team and as an individual
- Willingness to work away from home for periods of time sometimes at short notice
- Full UK Drivers Licence
- Good communicator both on the phone and in person
- Some understanding of Electronics
- Forklift Licence (preferred, but not essential)
- 2+ Years in a similar field based service role
- Confident user of Desktop and Web based systems.
- Confident user of Microsoft Windows, Windows Office & Desktop Software
- Knowledge of SQL Server – desired but not essential.
- A team player who works with others to resolve customer problems.