We are looking for a Supply Chain Manager initially for a 12 month contract based near Fleet in Hampshire. It is highly probablwe the role will convert to permanent contract during or at the end of the contract.
The purpose of this role is to establish an EU Supply Chain for US product build and projects.
As you are recruiters is probably easiest if I tell you what the client wants. If you think you have candidates that may be interested, drop me an email and I will forward you the full job description.
- Senior level supply chain experience to include sourcing suppliers, negotiation, contract agreements, performance qualifications / management, tenders, bids and supplier proposals
- This experience MUST be from an electronics, manufacturing, IT hardware build environment. Candidates with a soft services supply chain background will not be of interest to the client
- Must be from a defence related procurement projects environment or for a defence organisation. For example a Supply Chain Manager from a company who builds radar or satellite or radio / microwave would be the right kind of candidate.
- Knowledge of procurement regulations - UCC, FASR, DFAR
- Knowledge of international contracts including (ideally) tenders, letters of credit plus an understanding of ITAR Laws
- The candidate must be prepared to travel in Europe and occasionallly to the USA
Obviously this is the wish list. There is some scope for variance. But Senior level experience gained in electronics / manufacturing / IT hardware environment is not negotiable. Salary £48 - 55K but if you have the perfect candidate looking for more (so long as not significantly more) the client may well be interested.
Great company who are experiencing a surge in UK and US contract wins. Good to work for, credible and Ive placed quite a number of people here over the years and they are all still with the business. 37 hour week.