A Global leading logistics / material handling equipment supplier would very much like to recruit for an experienced Structural Engineer to assist the long standing Structural Engineer on new and current projects they are undertaking as they are on a high growth rate in the UK.
The company supply automated Material Handling Equipment to an array of well-known blue chip companies for their distribution centres in the UK and globally and the majority are new cutting edge automated sites.
The ideal individual will be located in Northamptonshire
The role of the Structural Engineer is to provide technical and structural engineering support to the UK Sales Team and other group departments for any Sales Design and Installation activities.
- Liaise with Group Engineers concerning product design & development activities
- Produce design-outputs in accordance with agreed company standards
- Ensure that the standards comply with all relevant national standards. (i.e. Standards library, Technical Memos, SEMA, ISO, BSEN, CEN etc)
- To provide engineer design data and calculations for sales opportunities and orders that provide the most cost effective solution
- Ensure that the Engineering department operates in line with ISO 9001 & SEMA requirements
- Appropriate Engineering degree
- Membership of ICE or IstructE or IMechE ( desirable)
- Computer skills – Intermediate user of Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, Powerpoint,
- Attention to detail & effective time management
- Effective planning and organisational skills
- Use of AutoCAD
- Understanding of manufacturing methods
- Knowledge of Thin gauge cold formed steel work
- Logistics awareness
- Knowledge of Seismic design